New here and NOT happy with VZW or Tbolt

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I see a lot of people who should have used some common sense and waited before they bought. Every one of the issues described in this thread became obvious within the first two weeks, and you have a 14 day return policy.

Nobody to blame but yourself if you feel jipped.

Never buy a device for what it may do in the future. Only purchase for what it can do now.

hotelmrrsn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people who should have used some common sense and waited before they bought. Every one of the issues described in this thread became obvious within the first two weeks, and you have a 14 day return policy.

Never buy a device for what it may do in the future. Only purchase for what it can do now.

Amen!

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

Reactions: waker

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I didnt ask for the phone to walk on water or tuck me in at night....the stuff these things do or do not do should be basic stuff now for these phones and I recieved this phone shortly after it was released so getting info off a place like this was not an option. If your willing to root and tweak to get the phone to do the BASIC stuff great and good for you (I shouldnt have to). I'm not a techno geek tryng to buy and keep up with the newst latest stuff I dont root phones. I was just up for an upgrade and had broken my phone so I used my upgrade instead of waiting for warranty and ended up with this POS.

Reactions: Mike_is_Mike

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I didnt ask for the phone to walk on water or tuck me in at night....the stuff these things do or do not do should be basic stuff now for these phones and I recieved this phone shortly after it was released so getting info off a place like this was not an option. If your willing to root and tweak to get the phone to do the BASIC stuff great and good for you (I shouldnt have to). I'm not a techno geek tryng to buy and keep up with the newst latest stuff I dont root phones. I was just up for an upgrade and had broken my phone so I used my upgrade instead of waiting for warranty and ended up with this POS.

Amen!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to be a techno geek, as you call it, to notice every one of the issues you described. Your normal usage would have shown it. You then proceeded to keep it past the return date. If you are not in a position to fix things yourself (enter techno-geek), then you should have returned it until said things were fixed.

Buyer beware. You made a poor choice.

Pro tip: Never buy first generation ANYTHING unless you are prepared for there to be some issues.

hotelmrrsn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

No sympathy to be found here, sell it and by an iPhone. next time, read what users are saying about a product before deciding on one.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have issues with mine, got it on upgrade August 30th but it has been determined by tech support it needs to be replaced. I am very optimistic the replacement will be ok and if it isn't, then I will talk to Verizon. I have a brother who has this phone from launch date and loves it.......or so he did up to a couple of days ago, but his own stupidity. I keep telling him to use a bluetooth when he is doing multi tasking.
He had the phone to his ear, taking out trash in the rain and it happened......it dropped face down and cracked screen. He has insurance so he will have his new one tomorrow...........stupid. He has never had a problem with the phone's functions at all..........so let's hope my 2nd one is the charm. I love the phone.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to be a techno geek, as you call it, to notice every one of the issues you described. Your normal usage would have shown it. You then proceeded to keep it past the return date. If you are not in a position to fix things yourself (enter techno-geek), then you should have returned it until said things were fixed.

Pro tip: Never buy first generation ANYTHING unless you are prepared for there to be some issues.

So you think the Thunderbolt is a poor choice of phones for all but the techno-geeks? Seems like that should have been mentioned in the advertisements. ;)

Thunderbolt! The techno-geeks dream phone…..AFTER you root it! :D

Last edited:

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Everything my phone has trouble and throws fits trying to get it to do is stuff it should have done NOW. Verizon must love you people who do all the work for them and accept the fact that the phone May not do some of the basic functions that a smart phone does. You work around their shortcomings and refusal to treat customers like they should by rooting your phones and getting them to work, thats great but you shouldnt have to especially not for basic issues. A phone staying conected to the network is basic. if you dont have that you can't to a whole lot more than talk on it at all. I do know that I am not alone I am now reading of hunderds and probably thousands that have similar issues. Just because you choose to jump through the hoops to get your phone to work as intended and advertised doesnt mean that all of us that purchase these should have too.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So you think the Thunderbolt is a poor choice of phones for all but the techno-geeks? Seems like that should have been mentioned in the advertisements.

Thunderbolt! The techno-geeks dream phone?..AFTER you root it!

The phone is fine for anyone who can look past its shortcomings. Thats why you have a 14 day return policy.

You test drive a car before you buy it, yes? Do you also say, hmmm, the horn doesn't work, the engine keeps dying, and the gas mileage is horrible, but I will take it and hope there are recalls?

Of course not.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Take Verizon's offer and get an early upgrade. But if you are not happy with the phones that are currently offered and can still hold out for a little longer, wait till the new phones come out and are reviewed.

There are still plenty of people who love the phone and it is working for them.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Everything my phone has trouble and throws fits trying to get it to do is stuff it should have done NOW. Verizon must love you people who do all the work for them and accept the fact that the phone May not do some of the basic functions that a smart phone does. You work around their shortcomings and refusal to treat customers like they should by rooting your phones and getting them to work, thats great but you shouldnt have to especially not for basic issues. A phone staying conected to the network is basic. if you dont have that you can't to a whole lot more than talk on it at all. I do know that I am not alone I am now reading of hunderds and probably thousands that have similar issues. Just because you choose to jump through the hoops to get your phone to work as intended and advertised doesnt mean that all of us that purchase these should have too.

I do not have a glass is half empty outlook.

I do not do work for Verizon. I work for my users, who are unable to overcome the issues themselves. I do this, because I am a nice guy. Blame who you like, but you bought the phone and decided to keep it. Nobody made you do that.

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

The Problem with that logic is how quickly the problems may or may not arise and in dealing with "Customer NO Service" by the time you realise you have issues that are unresolvabe you are past your 14 days.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My first one, paid discounted price (new customer) rebooted daily, returned it for iPhone 4 which I used for 3 weeks... hated it. Bought Thunderbolt full retail, no issues. Unfortunately it seems hit or miss, but I haven't had any issues at all with my second one that I paid full retail. My first one was that bad, but it did reboot a couple of times mid call. I've been running AOSP for about a month now, and I think I'll probably jump to the next AOSP phone on verizon if it ever happens (if not, then the vigor should be a good phone as it is HTC, and will have a decent developer base, just like this one).

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The Problem with that logic is how quickly the problems may or may not arise and in dealing with "Customer NO Service" by the time you realise you have issues that are unresolvabe you are past your 14 days.

Just like test driving a car, you should make sure everything works before you buy or keep. Not wait for the situation to arise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21