Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB OTA?

Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB OTA?

• Total voters

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB O

I voted no, because that is the answer to the question you asked, but I don't use the stock voicemail so its no biggie. There should have been a combo answer.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I voted no, because that is the answer to the question you asked, but I don't use the stock voicemail so its no biggie. There should have been a combo answer.
Actually, it cannot be the "answer to the question" that I asked. Because the OTA has not been released, as of now. Leaked RUUs are NOT OTAs. That's why I said "do you think".

-Frank

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

For those of you who use VZ voicemail, I hope it works. I doubt it will, but I hope it does. I use Google Voice because it's SO much better than even Visual Voicemail, and it's free.

It's like going to a Porsche dealership to pick up a car on FREE CAR DAY and walking past a bunch of people complaining about their broken-down Yugos. (grin) <-- joke

Reactions: Mike_is_Mike

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

For those of you who use VZ voicemail, I hope it works. I doubt it will, but I hope it does. I use Google Voice because it's SO much better than even Visual Voicemail, and it's free.

It's like going to a Porsche dealership to pick up a car on FREE CAR DAY and walking past a bunch of people complaining about their broken-down Yugos. (grin) <-- joke
Haha... 'cept for one minor detail... you'll have a symbol/logo on your Porsche that says Saturn (i.e. different phone number). :) Minor detail... :D

-Frank

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Actually, it cannot be the "answer to the question" that I asked. Because the OTA has not been released, as of now. Leaked RUUs are NOT OTAs. That's why I said "do you think".

-Frank

The question is " Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB ota?"
The answer is no,I do not think that. How is it that no can't be the answer?

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Why would they release an ota if they can't get that to work? I use Google voice and I'm rooted, but I must be missing something.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

The question is " Do you think the native VM notification will work on the GB ota?"
The answer is no,I do not think that. How is it that no can't be the answer?
Sorry, I thought you meant that the fact that it doesn't work on the .3 RUU proved it wouldn't work in the OTA. But, now I see your point! :) Guess I oughta read what is written without accidentally reading the stuff between the lines. My bad.

-Frank

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Why would they release an ota if they can't get that to work? I use Google voice and I'm rooted, but I must be missing something.

Because htc said we would have gingerbread by the end of September. Fully functional otas haven't really been on the top of Verizon's to do list. Droid x gingerbread = disaster. Incredible gingerbread = disaster. Mr1 = disaster.

Voicemail notifications don't work = great success!

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

VM is to basic a function for them not to get that right. Now my exchange email invites is a different subject.:(

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You all seem to be missing one possibility that explains the inoperable vm in the leaks....perhaps vzw has worked with htc to CHANGE their vm protocols so their vm DOES work with gb. At that point not only will the ota work but all the leaks will too!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the native VM notification will work on the initial GB OTA when it is released?

-Frank

It very well might.... RUU .3 at the same time..... VM issue might be server side.... Similar to how Google Market checks OS against carrier approved software list before allowing access to DRM like MLB at Bat. Seeing as last RUU matches VZW .pdf for OTA release ..... Might not when OTA goes live. If it does and VM server is updated to work with 2.11.605.3 then both RUU and OTA will work.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It very well might.... RUU .3 at the same time..... VM issue might be server side.... Similar to how Google Market checks OS against carrier approved software list before allowing access to DRM like MLB at Bat. Seeing as last RUU matches VZW .pdf for OTA release ..... Might not when OTA goes live. If it does and VM server is updated to work with 2.11.605.3 then both RUU and OTA will work.....

You said what I said....except you actually know what you're talking about! Lol

atcjr

May 26, 2011
Visit site

All of a sudden I got a stock VM indication in the status bar. Now the darn thing won't go away. It started about 9pm EST from a message left at 10am. Go figure....:-\

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

If that was the case it would be a widespread issue over Verizon's network on all devices. Something is screwed up on this phone that won't allow it to come through unless you reboot the phone. The Dinc2 is running Gingerbread and has it's notifications working. It probably has something to do with the radios or God knows what else. HTC needs to figure it out soon

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

You're missing the bill on your baseball cap.......oh, wait there it is on the back.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If that was the case it would be a widespread issue over Verizon's network on all devices.
No, it wouldn't. It's easy enough to negotiate a connection with a TBolt & OS fingerprint. Piece of cake.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante