so wheres the new bottom dock?

KMV77#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In reading verizons description of the GB update they state: ...plus App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.

How is this accomplished? I just have a bottom dock with phone, personalize and the app grid.
Thanks,
Kevin

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe they are refering to the bottom of the screen when in the app drawer, NOT the home screens. The new dock shows, all apps, frequent, downloaded, and verizon apps.

KMV77#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
but it doesnt list the items I cut and pasted. You cant customize the bottom dock on the app drawer already tried. The info I cut and pasted reads "Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all HOME screen panels for easy and instant access"

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I can only say that you're far better off just loading Go Launcher. It has FIVE customizable dock icons, and you can have multiple sets of them and swipe between them if you want.

Plus, it's got auto-rotate for a very nice landscape home screen, too.

And free. Did I mention free? Don't forget free.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
but it doesnt list the items I cut and pasted. You cant customize the bottom dock on the app drawer already tried. The info I cut and pasted reads "Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all HOME screen panels for easy and instant access"

You can customize the dock of the app drawer. You can remove the icons and you can rearrange them. I think VZW just got their terminology mixed up. On top of that the changlog makes mention of getting rid of the phone icon. If they got rid of it on both the home screen and the app drawer, there would be no way to launch the phone app.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
On my DX and DX2 the new bottom dock was a feature that came in GB. 4 icons stayed on the bottom of all 7 screens and they were customizable. I believe because of HTC Skins it was removed from this update.

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The three Icons are there if you have the phone in a home dock. I just can't figure out how to change them.

Last edited:

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
This was listed on the update details by mistake. They are actually referring to the Moto Gingerbread update in the details about the dock. I think Droid Life pointed that out, but it may even have been Android Central.

One moment please...

Finally, the HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Update Appears to be Ready as Build 2.11.605.3 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Well, it looks like that's it. A mistake in the document. I checked the VZW website not to long ago and the original PDF file was removed.

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, the screen and icon adjustment verizon is talking about is the homescreen you get when you use a dock with the phone like the HTC Dock, Here is a pic of the home screen and the adjustable icons

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, the screen and icon adjustment verizon is talking about is the homescreen you get when you use a dock with the phone like the HTC Dock, Here is a pic of the home screen and the adjustable icons

That's unlikely because the document mentioned being able to customize the icons and the screen you are talking about doesn't allow you to customize the icons. On top of that, the changelog has been pulled from the VZW website. Some websites are reporting that they accidentally reused some language from a changelog for another device. THat's what seems most likely considering the document has been pulled.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

That function has been there the whole time, so that's not it.

Edit: actually, my bad, I've been on GB for so long that i forgot this was a new feature. Still, this isn't the feature they were talking about.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It was a mistake. They accidentally printed part of the Droid X update on the page. Just a misprint. No new dock

That was the only reason I updated. I know eventually it would have been pushed but I could have enjoyed having 3 different color led notifiers (light flow app will never work with gb wccording to developer) for emails a little longer. Only green now.

KMV77#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well that stinks. I was really looking forward to that. I did have go launcher but it slowed the phone down big-time. So I ditched it. I don't really want to root it but I just might...unless the t-bolt 2 comes out soon.
Kevin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance