Gingerbread + Thunderbolt = Screenshots?

jzcombo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does the official Gingerbread on Thunderbolt allow you to take a screenshot of the screen? Is there a good app if not? Non-Rooted

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Does the official Gingerbread on Thunderbolt allow you to take a screenshot of the screen? Is there a good app if not? Non-Rooted

I found this on the market

KastorSoft - Free Multimedia Softwares

But it seems to only work on ROOTED phones.

I use to use a LAUNCHER called DXTOP which you could take pictures of your desktop, but you need to have a physical camera button (like the original Droid) to do it.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
No, but if/when you reboot your phone, you need to connect your phone to your computer to re-enable it. The computer will have to have no root's software installed.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Reading the description it sounds like all the guy did was write an interface to access and use ADK which is free and can capture images from your phone. I have done it many times.
No, no. Not the same. You do not need to be connected to your PC to do screenshots. You can do screenshots and share them without being near your PC. Just like any other screenshot app. You don't need a PC to do that. You only need a PC to do the initial "enabling", then disconnect from the PC. After that you are entirely remote. For days, months, whatever. Until you reboot the phone.

-Frank

Last edited:

PUPI NY 72

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
HTC THUNDERBOLT VER 3.0
GINGERBREAD 2.3.6
PRESS POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 1/2 A SEC.
THEN PRESS THE HOME ICON AT THE BOTTOM LEFT
OF THE UNIT and "Presto" it's done.
For me it was an acccident. It took almost a week to
Repeat it. By the way my phone is not rooted, and i am not using
Any app for screenshots. It works flawlessly.
My carrier is Openmobile Puerto Rico and as far as i know
thy don't root the units.

WasatchRocks

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I have JB on my Asus TF Prime and can create screen captures easily. Always wondered if the Tbolt could do it, now I know :)

My question is, where does the screen capture (file) get stored after creation? I looked, using Astro File Manager, but could not find where the screen captuers are stored (let alone what they are named).

Thanks for your Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax