OTA Gingerbread Reboot's And Other Problems

zuker88

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else running into random reboots of their TB after the OTA Gingerbread update? I updated this morning and have had 4 reboots today. These are the first reboots since I received the OTA MR2 update.

I use the phone at work to listen to pod-casts so it's pretty easy to notice when the phone reboots. In two of the reboots the phone just locked up and I couldn't navigate anywhere or do anything (however the phone did vibrate if I pressed any of the phone, menu, back, or search buttons) and then it went into reboot. The during the third occurrence the phone was in my pocket and the podcast I was listening to just cut out, sure enough it was another reboot. The fourth time was just strange. The phone was in my pocket and on silent. It began to vibrate like I was receiving an incoming call but when I took the phone out of my pocket the screen was lit and I was looking at the lock screen but the phone would not respond to any inputs and just kept vibrating non stop. I finally had to pull the battery as the power button was also totally non responsive. After talking to my wife it seems that she was in fact trying to call me when that problem occurred. I had her try to call me again and everything seemed to work fine.

On a weird, probably unrelated side not it seems that double-twist is randomly starting to play audio content stored on my phone. Mainly podcast audio files. I was listening to one podcast using Pocket Casts which is my go to podcast player when all of a sudden I start to hear a completely different podcast playing at the same time. I look at the phone and double-twist has decided to randomly play another podcast. I rarely use double-twist so I will likely just uninstall to fix that problem.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used 3 different GB leaks and have no reboot issues with any of them. Haven't heard of anyone else complaining either. You might just be very unlucky and got a poor update install. A factory reset might help if one of the files got corrupted during install.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Try a factory reset. I never had reboot issues but my data would just randomly cut off all the time. I used adrynalynes link to the file not the ota and everything is working great now

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Updates mine last night, and it's been on since then without a reboot. I used to have 2-3 a day until the OTA that came before gingerbread.

ktollison

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just had one joining a hangout on G+. I flipped the camera from front to back fine, then switched to front again and received a camera error and an immediate reboot

zuker88

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any more trouble last night after the battery pull. It seems to be running OK today. Received a few more incoming calls with no problems whatsoever. I will keep an eye on it for a few days and see how things go. If everything settles down then i will be a happy camper. I do really love the update though. The phone is way more responsive than it was before.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else running into random reboots of their TB after the OTA Gingerbread update? I updated this morning and have had 4 reboots today. These are the first reboots since I received the OTA MR2 update.

I had reboots all the time with my first TBolt. My screen was cracked and so I got a new REFURB one and did not have anymore REBOOTS. I installed the official "LEAKED" ota the day before the official OTA and no reboots at all. I did do a complete WIPE and factory reset blah blah blah with the RUU.

This is the one I used.

[Exclusive Download] Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.3 Full RUU And New Radio For HTC ThunderBolt

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I used to have alot of reboots before the MR2 update, but I think I have only had one since then.

My phone has 35 hours of constant uptime right now, so I hven't had a reboot since I installed the OTA.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a decrease in battery life? I think my bolt lasted longer on froyo with the OTA MR2

Too soon to judge, but I'm going to say the battery life is about the same. It seems like I have a little more charge left at this point in the day than normal, but it's not dramatically different. HTC 2750 Extended battery, unplugged a little before 6AM, now around 50% at 3:30PM.

My display routinely eats up 65-90% of my battery according to the battery graphs. The only battery management that would possibly help me in any meaningful way is for me to turn the screen off more. And that's not gonna happen! I bought this big shiny so it could be big and shiny! Death to my battery first! :D

I do keep the screen at 10-20% indoors, 50% outdoors, and 100% only if I'm in full sunlight and REALLY need it.

One major feature I miss from my Blackberry (and there aren't many, believe me!) is the ability to set the "baseline" for automatic brightness. In full daylight, the Blackberry still went to 11, but I could set the screen to get a lot darker indoors. Here in the office, "automatic" seems to keep it at 50% or so. I can get by with 10% and 20% is plenty bright.

The other feature is the ability to make calls using my address book when my phone is PIN-locked. That's a BIG feature I miss. But I digress.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463