Gingerbread OTA Pulled?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
They haven't pulled the update from my phone. I ended doing a reset today. They told me too.......

They don't "pull" the update from your phone, ever. People are talking about it being "pulled" from the VZW server update site.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
They haven't pulled the update from my phone. I ended doing a reset today. They told me too.......

Yeah, what Frank said. They can't pull it from your phone, they are just preventing any Thunderbolt owners who don't already have it from getting it.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Nah, a few people on here and XDA complaining about not getting it. If thats the case, I'm sure lot sof people not on here didn't get it either.

We only had about a 15% roll out before it was pulled. So there are a lot of people without the update.

AC and XDA, along with other similar sites, tend to have slanted numbers on some things. Because a large portion of the people running stock on this website are watching more closely for the update, they tend to get it quicker than people whom just have the phone, "'cause they like them fancy weather ani-mations on that there home screen jiger."

EDIT: I would like to add that was in no way trying to make fun of anyone... well, on this website at least.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why couldn't they just run the mr2 update with froyo and let us decide whether to stick with gb or go back?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
We only had about a 15% roll out before it was pulled. So there are a lot of people without the update.

AC and XDA, along with other similar sites, tend to have slanted numbers on some things. Because a large portion of the people running stock on this website are watching more closely for the update, they tend to get it quicker than people whom just have the phone, "'cause they like them fancy weather ani-mations on that there home screen jiger."

EDIT: I would like to add that was in no way trying to make fun of anyone... well, on this website at least.

I bet you had closer to double that before anyone noticed. Maybe put something in the suggestion box to review community websites before releasing broken garbage that we have to clean up and fix for them...

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I bet you had closer to double that before anyone noticed. Maybe put something in the suggestion box to review community websites before releasing broken garbage that we have to clean up and fix for them...

Amen to that !! The issues, especially the VM indicator problem has been widespread knowledge on multiple forum sites with each of the 4 recent GB builds. This fiasco could have easily been avoided.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Then why am I showing it on my phone? So what now?

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !
Because you are one of those who received it before it was pulled from Verizon's servers. When its pulled from Verizon's servers, no one else will get it, but those who already got it will still have it.

Thanks, Robrecht

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Then why am I showing it on my phone? So what now?

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !

What is showing on your phone?

If you are replying to a specific post, it helps if you quote what you are responding to, helps us know what you are asking sometimes.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gingerbread OTA Pulled??

I must have a Super Thunderbolt - I never had any re-boot problems, never had any problems with MR2 and no problems with GB......except of course, some of the features that were promised at the time of release that never happened...but those can't be counted as "problems."

I'm like you mostly.

My TB has been a good phone, and the GB update went off without a hitch and in fact has fixed the only issue I was experiencing, which was a tendency for the data connection to go to sleep intermittently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch