Task Killer Included In Gb Update?

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Does The Gingerbread Update For The Thunderbolt Include A Task Killer/Manager
Like Touchwiz Does ANd MOtorola Applications Platform?

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
If you pull down the notification bar and click quick settings, at the bottom it will show your used and free memory... If you click this it will take you to the task manager where you can kill Apps. So yes the update includes a task manager, but it only kills tasks if you tell it to

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If you pull down the notification bar and click quick settings, at the bottom it will show your used and free memory... If you click this it will take you to the task manager where you can kill Apps. So yes the update includes a task manager, but it only kills tasks if you tell it to

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Mine doesnt show that it only shows wifi mobile hotspot mobile network bluetooth gps and all settings
Do You Have To Change Something In The Setting If You Do Please Help Me

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Were At??? I Dont See It In The Notification Bar Quick Settings

I don't see it either.

However, you can get into memory management by simply clicking on the "All Settings" button in the quick settings, which brings you to the same place you'd have gone if you simply hit "Menu" / "Settings".

From there, you can select "Applications", "Manage Applications", and click the "Running" tab. That tab details what apps are running, how much memory they are consuming, how much CPU they've used, and if you click on one there's a STOP button so you can whack it.

It's important to note that, unless you have a misbehaving application that is consuming resources it shouldn't, there's almost no reason to kill apps to free up memory. Memory doesn't cost anything in Linux/Android - the whole point is to keep the stuff you are using in application memory so it doesn't have to go and page it back in again next time you use it. If the app doesn't get used for a while and you use other apps, the unused app will be paged out of memory as part of the built-in memory management.

If you artificially kill an app and it wants to run, it'll simply page itself back into memory, and you're going to end up in an uphill battle fighting the optimization that your phone is trying to do for you.

If you have an app that is misbehaving, don't kill it, uninstall it. Banish it to the frozen wastelands of null, never to return!

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see it either.

However, you can get into memory management by simply clicking on the "All Settings" button in the quick settings, which brings you to the same place you'd have gone if you simply hit "Menu" / "Settings".

From there, you can select "Applications", "Manage Applications", and click the "Running" tab. That tab details what apps are running, how much memory they are consuming, how much CPU they've used, and if you click on one there's a STOP button so you can whack it.

It's important to note that, unless you have a misbehaving application that is consuming resources it shouldn't, there's almost no reason to kill apps to free up memory. Memory doesn't cost anything in Linux/Android - the whole point is to keep the stuff you are using in application memory so it doesn't have to go and page it back in again next time you use it. If the app doesn't get used for a while and you use other apps, the unused app will be paged out of memory as part of the built-in memory management.

If you artificially kill an app and it wants to run, it'll simply page itself back into memory, and you're going to end up in an uphill battle fighting the optimization that your phone is trying to do for you.

If you have an app that is misbehaving, don't kill it, uninstall it. Banish it to the frozen wastelands of null, never to return!

Well said. Should be stickied