Free Madden 12... With a catch

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This weekend Verizon has got a deal where you can get a free download of Madden 12 on the Thunderbolt. The catch? you still have to be running 2.2 instead of their latest software release. Only the DX can have Gingerbread and get the free game.

Any takers still on 2.2?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
RT @VZWSupport: @acles003 At this time, Gingerbread devices are not supported by Madden 2012. ^CM

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
this is junk.

Is there any way around to get this game?

I don't even care if I have to wait for it to play when they get the support for 2.3.

I just want to get free game.

FrankieFiero

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues downloading it from the VCAST App Store?

Yup... got the VCAST store working, but it errors when I try to download the game. Doesn't list it in my apps list either, so I'm guessing if you can't d/l it by Monday you're SOL.
I'm still on 2.2.1, but rooted - none of the other Verizon apps work for me either, so I'm not surprised.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues downloading it from the VCAST App Store?

I keep getting an error message every time I try to download it. I still have Froyo, but it won't work.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, or has had success downloading it, hopefully you can enlighten me. Thanks.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon. Evidently, Madden 12 isn't available for the Thunderbolt. I was told that they expected all Bolts to be upgraded to GB by now, so they left it off the list. I'm sending an email to the guy handling the promotion now for further details.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Make it for the Thunderbolt then. Must be rooted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.multiupload.com/QQH9ESXI2F

Steps:

1. Back up your /system/build.prop.
2. Flash patch in Recovery.
3. Download and install Madden. Dial **623336 to get text msg offer.
4. Put old build.prop back and reboot.
5. Profit.

Only valid October 1st-3rd.

Last edited:

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I went to the VCast store and Madden 12 was showing as a free app.. downloaded and installed (and then downloaded the 200+mb rest of it) with no problems.

Didn't even have to call the number... did I get a demo or did they change how this worked?

I'm on a stock TB, with MR2... didn't get Gingerbread yet.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I went to the VCast store and Madden 12 was showing as a free app.. downloaded and installed (and then downloaded the 200+mb rest of it) with no problems.

Didn't even have to call the number... did I get a demo or did they change how this worked?

I'm on a stock TB, with MR2... didn't get Gingerbread yet.

Like the first post says - it doesn't work with gingerbread - so it does work with MR2

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i tried to download but i was told my phone was not eligible. i'm running the now-pulled GB release

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Like the first post says - it doesn't work with gingerbread - so it does work with MR2

I was responding mostly to mightyfacundo saying he was having issues and Verizon telling him the TB got left out of the promotion.

That said I played it for about 5 minutes and can't see myself playing it again. Not a big fan of "shove a game that needs buttons onto a touch screen" gaming.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was responding mostly to mightyfacundo saying he was having issues and Verizon telling him the TB got left out of the promotion.

That said I played it for about 5 minutes and can't see myself playing it again. Not a big fan of "shove a game that needs buttons onto a touch screen" gaming.

I saw your post, so I tried again but still no luck. I am stock, running froyo, but just might take the plunge and root tonight.