PRL 15061

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just checking to see if anyone has a noticed a new PRL of 15061 dropped on their TB. Seems to help my phone lock onto to 4G better since I live on a fringe spot. Basically floating between 3G and 4G quite a bit wreaking some havoc on my battery, but now locking onto a solid 4G signal is good for me and my battery!!!

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just checking to see if anyone has a noticed a new PRL of 15061 dropped on their TB. Seems to help my phone lock onto to 4G better since I live on a fringe spot. Basically floating between 3G and 4G quite a bit wreaking some havoc on my battery, but now locking onto a solid 4G signal is good for me and my battery!!!
Still at 15027 here, even after GB -- doing a batt/sim pull now to see if it'll pull down a new PRL. NW Family Shared plan here with Unlimited data and Mobile Hotspot. (and Visual Voicemail -- hehe, sorry, couldn't help the VVM part!) :)

Nope: Still 15027 here.

-Frank

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine has the same PRL. Battery life seems to improved with GB. I'm in a strong 4G area at work, home and everywhere in between. The only time I have problems is when I put the OEM battery back in. The cover must be defective and I don't get 4G at all. The extended battery works fine.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the same PRL. Battery life seems to improved with GB. I'm in a strong 4G area at work, home and everywhere in between. The only time I have problems is when I put the OEM battery back in. The cover must be defective and I don't get 4G at all. The extended battery works fine.
Just FYI... VZW on-line sells the OEM cover for around 5-9 bucks, I think. I bought an extra.

-Frank

Reactions: jdk2

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 15061 in NE Florida. Have noticed a marked difference in 4G reception in my house. Much better than before when I had blank spots in certain areas of the house. I'm digging the better reception and GB. Glad I pulled the update early.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My PRL says 13008.... Gb 2.3.4 stock.

What's up with that?

Grand rapids Mi.
Too cold up there to go above 13,008. :D

Seriously, a lot of things affect what should be the proper PRL. I've noticed on the TBolt that it seems to be even more things that affect it than with other other phones. There is always a very wide range reported on these TBolt PRL threads. There used to be only a handful of PRLs on phones in the "olden days". :)

The consensus is, if you do a battery/sim pull, wait 2-3 minutes, reinsert and power up, your TBolt will again query to make sure it has the proper PRL for you, your phone, your area and your plan. Usually best not to really worry about it.

-Frank

Last edited:

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
15027 here in So. Cal., family plan.

Transmitted from my Thunderbolt, on Verizon's 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk!

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I did a restart/sim pull and I got 15061. I'm on the edge of the memphis 4G network (despite their map saying I'm well within it) and 4G still doesn't reach my house...I lose it when I enter my neighborhood.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had 15061 for over a week at least, and I'm south of Little Rock, AR. No 4G (not 3G, 4G is what I don't have) in my area right now, 3G seems more stable, and I have the MR3 radios (it doesn't cut off/on as much).

Last edited:

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After reading this post I checked my phone I have 15044 on GB, but my wife's phone is 15061 on Froyo. I thought that was kind of interesting. I'm in metro Atlanta btw.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital