Some HTC reps shouldn't have jobs....

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Frank

They gave me a free month and told me to call back before my new bill cycle and if not resolved they'll give me 2nd month.

I'm glad it worked out for you - at least for the time being. I really can't see why that would be an issue for VZW. They pushed an OTA that broke the vm notification they should be eager to fix that with vvm. I mean, it's a phone and the incremental cost to VZW is next to nothing (might actually be nothing).

Good luck with the new job.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am always polite. Even if have been with then sjbce the days of the dinosaur

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !
I know we don't want to get this thread entirely off topic... or is it? :) But, I just want to respond to this "polite" stuff. Yes, be polite. But very often that is not enough. If you have a request that will satisfy you, you should tell the CS rep exactly what it will take to satisfy you. Because, they are not smart enough to think of a lot of things themselves. And, they can't read your mind.

When I called I was polite. But I also told the rep exactly what would satisfy me. It went something like, "I had to sign up for Visual Voicemail because of the VZW OTA that was forced on my phone in order to maintain my voicemail notifications which are part of the VZW free service. I will patiently wait for an HTC/VZW 'fix', but I want my account to be annotated and credited for the $2.99 that I had to spend. I use this phone for my work and I cannot go without a VM indicator for even one day" .Next thing was -- let me talk to my supervisor. Point is, I was "polite", but stated clearly what would satisfy me. Don't expect the CS rep to guess what would satisfy you.

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You just were insulting about the intelligence if a CS Rep. I had told him what would make me happy concerning the problem. The first one said he couldn't do it. 2nd one the same. 3's a charm and he said he would be happy to assist and made the offer. I have had CS reps thin k for themselves before. Not all of them lack . That's like saying all sales people are +++++++ some people really make the effort. Some just want the paycheck. That's what separates them from a true professional.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out for you - at least for the time being. I really can't see why that would be an issue for VZW. They pushed an OTA that broke the vm notification they should be eager to fix that with vvm. I mean, it's a phone and the incremental cost to VZW is next to nothing (might actually be nothing).

Good luck with the new job.

Thanks
Also thanks for the well wishes on the job. Start training Monday. Classroom like training Mon-Fri
Then the fun begins.....

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You just were insulting about the intelligence if a CS Rep.
You're right. Bad choice of words. Didn't mean to be. Sorry to CS reps. I know there are a lot of good ones out there.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You're right. Bad choice of words. Didn't mean to be. Sorry to CS reps. I know there are a lot of good ones out there.

-Frank

I am very impressed with your character, Frank. That shows you have respect. I knew there was a reason we were Android friends.

:)

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

-Frank

Some CS reps for Verizon don't deserve an apology. Trust me...

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I went into Verizon and Talked to them About this Issue. I had my Grandpa Call me the other day, Left me a voice mail About my Grandma Guess she was in serious need of some help (Dialysis) I didn't know because I did not get a notification That i had a Voice Mail. So went into Verizon told them how serious this is, He asked me Did i do i factory reset I told him yes. Did not want to Do it. So then he Looked into his computer and told me a Update to fix this problem will be Released in 3 to 4 days. He told me this Thursday The 29th :mad:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I went into Verizon and Talked to them About this Issue. I had my Grandpa Call me the other day, Left me a voice mail About my Grandma Guess she was in serious need of some help (Dialysis) I didn't know because I did not get a notification That i had a Voice Mail. So went into Verizon told them how serious this is, He asked me Did i do i factory reset I told him yes. Did not want to Do it. So then he Looked into his computer and told me a Update to fix this problem will be Released in 3 to 4 days. He told me this Thursday The 29th :mad:

Sorry about your Grandma and having missed her message. The rep shouldn't had mentioned a fix to the update though because they don't know when it will be released. I didn't ask when I talked to them today and he did say they have no idea when it will be released.

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Geez. Have had the tbolt since launch and never had any weird issues like this. Then again I rooted it first chance I got, then put asop rom on it.

Face it guys, sense is garbage, along with motoblur, touchwiz, and any other garbage that these phone manufacturers put on the phone. This is why I am praying for a nexus device on Verizon soon. I'm sick of manufacturers updates to their ******ed UI interfaces.

Seems like every Verizon update to the stock phone, cripples it even more. This phone has been a disaster for stock users.

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about your Grandma and having missed her message. The rep shouldn't had mentioned a fix to the update though because they don't know when it will be released. I didn't ask when I talked to them today and he did say they have no idea when it will be released.

No need to be sorry ! Not your fault neither Verizons fault. Things happen But i am really considering This whole Rooting thing. I have since i was on the HTC EVO, i know A lot about it. Will read more about it before i root for sure.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since the Gingerbread update, my voice mail isn't working right. The icon doesn't disappear once I have cleared out the messages AND then the message at the bottom of the screen still says I have messages.
Yesterday I did a battery pull and then the message icon stopped appearing.
I went into Verizon and they suggested a hard factory reset.

Still not working..........grrrr.

I email HTC and the reply is to let them know the device I am using and the carrier and explain the issue.
Can't their reps read English? I clearly didn't get someone who understands I have the Thunderbolt, it has been updated to Gingerbread and it is Verizon. My voice message icon is not working nor when I delete messages, the message at the bottom of the screen also doesn't clear.

What is there not to understand?

ohhh and then to have someone recommend google voice..........if I wanted google voice I would use it.
when someone wants their current issue resolved with THAT situation, please don't suggest another option, especially since the user also stated clearly they want their carrier voice message icon fixed.
If someone asks if there are alternatives, then fine. But actively listening.........I want my CARRIER issue resolved....I don't want an alternate voice message.
People not only need to read and know what the customer is asking, but stick to that problem and not suggest something else. That doesn't resolve the problem at hand. And when people talk to you, really listen to what the customer is saying. If they want a car, would you sell them an SUV? :eek:

I am on the band wagon. Sorry, but I am tired of being told well do this instead INSTEAD of resolving the issue.

You really have changed your tune lately. You used to be the biggest cheerleader here for the TB.

Remember what you said, "patients children"

I know it can be frustrating dealing with customer service, sales reps, etc. Stick with it and your issues will be resolved - many have working TB phones - you will too. You might have to get yet another replacement?it happens.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Frank

They gave me a Freeman month and told me to call back before my new bill cycle and if not resonved they'll give me. 2 nd month.

Good for you! You are sticking with it and are starting to get acceptable results.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Geez. Have had the tbolt since launch and never had any weird issues like this. Then again I rooted it first chance I got, then put asop rom on it.

Face it guys, sense is garbage, along with motoblur, touchwiz, and any other garbage that these phone manufacturers put on the phone. This is why I am praying for a nexus device on Verizon soon. I'm sick of manufacturers updates to their ******ed UI interfaces.

Seems like every Verizon update to the stock phone, cripples it even more. This phone has been a disaster for stock users.

Not all stock users, I for one have never had any of the problems people have listed here - no reboots, etc. I got my TB on day one. It is my first Android phone and it took some time getting used to the OS and the quirks of Droid (I came from Blackberry), some of which I still don't like. All of my OTA updates came through just fine. I use Verizon Visual VoiceMail and have had no problems...even with GB.

I feel for the people who have to deal with defective phones, especially people who NEED their phone for work - like I do. That's (one of the reasons) why I have two different phones, if one has problems I can still use the other.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Opinion. You may not like Sense/MotoBLUR/TouchWiz/OptimusUI, but that is your opinion. Some people love different UI's for different reasons, including you. Just try not to be too angry about it... being angry leads to poor health!

(Makes me wonder how many heart attacks Lewis Black has had...)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You really have changed your tune lately. You used to be the biggest cheerleader here for the TB.

Remember what you said, "patients children"

I know it can be frustrating dealing with customer service, sales reps, etc. Stick with it and your issues will be resolved - many have working TB phones - you will too. You might have to get yet another replacement?it happens.

I still love the phone but losing knowing when I have a phone message is difficult. I am using the visual and it is helping.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I still love the phone but losing knowing when I have a phone message is difficult. I am using the visual and it is helping.

I have used Visual Voice Mail ever sense my BB Storm1 (which I bought on day one) and also on my Thunderbolt (which I bought on day one). So I may have a "problem" with voice mail now too and just don't know it!!

The visual voice mail is just so much better and easier to use that I never bothered with the old way of calling in, giving a pass word, then going through each and every voice mail trying to get to the one I wanted to listen to.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Only helping? It should completely cure the problem. Vvm notifications work fine.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
This is slightly off topic, but does relate to the OP's original title...

It's always good to remember that the first person you talk to when trying to get customer support is not going to be an expert on the subject you're calling/emailing/chatting/writing about. Unless you have some super platinum level support contract that you pay a lot of $$$ for, that simply isn't going to happen. Why? Because the people who actually are smart enough to know exactly what you're talking about AND also know exactly how to fix it, probably have MUCH better jobs than screening CS calls. Sad...but true. There are knowledgeable people out there that you can talk to, but you're definitely not going to get them first. If you're really lucky, you'll get someone who speaks the same language that you do well enough to communicate and who also knows enough about what's going on that he or she can at least get your issue expedited and forwarded to the appropriate parties as quickly as possible.

Your best bet is to gather information before you call (description of the problem, your account #, the make/model of device you have/etc). When referring to the description of the issue you are having, keep in mind that using the correct terms and names for things will aid tremendously in actually getting your issue understood by the tech support rep. Saying, "when the phone rings the do-hicky on the other thingy don't work right" may make perfect sense to you, but the person on the other end of the phone (no matter how educated on the subject) will have no idea what you're talking about.

Usually, if the issue you're having is understood by the CS rep, you'll get a quick resolution (canned response or forward to the next tier of support). The most important thing to remember is to be polite -- if you're being rude or mean to someone, the natural response will be to deal with you in any way that gets you off their line the fastest (and no, this does not usually mean just giving you something for free...it means forwarding you off to someone else or dismissing your problem altogether). If you are polite, usually the person on the other end won't mind working with you and making sure you're taken care of. It's OK to express frustration, just don't be rude or hostile.

If you really don't like the person you are talking to, simply hang up and call back later...you'll most likely get someone else, especially when dealing with larger companies like Verizon or HTC. If the person IS being particularly helpful (and your case is still going to be open), try to get their name and direct extension so you can deal with them directly if you need to call back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88