Some HTC reps shouldn't have jobs....

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the Gingerbread update, my voice mail isn't working right. The icon doesn't disappear once I have cleared out the messages AND then the message at the bottom of the screen still says I have messages.
Yesterday I did a battery pull and then the message icon stopped appearing.
I went into Verizon and they suggested a hard factory reset.

Still not working..........grrrr.

I email HTC and the reply is to let them know the device I am using and the carrier and explain the issue.
Can't their reps read English? I clearly didn't get someone who understands I have the Thunderbolt, it has been updated to Gingerbread and it is Verizon. My voice message icon is not working nor when I delete messages, the message at the bottom of the screen also doesn't clear.

What is there not to understand?

ohhh and then to have someone recommend google voice..........if I wanted google voice I would use it.
when someone wants their current issue resolved with THAT situation, please don't suggest another option, especially since the user also stated clearly they want their carrier voice message icon fixed.
If someone asks if there are alternatives, then fine. But actively listening.........I want my CARRIER issue resolved....I don't want an alternate voice message.
People not only need to read and know what the customer is asking, but stick to that problem and not suggest something else. That doesn't resolve the problem at hand. And when people talk to you, really listen to what the customer is saying. If they want a car, would you sell them an SUV? :eek:

I am on the band wagon. Sorry, but I am tired of being told well do this instead INSTEAD of resolving the issue.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since the Gingerbread update, my voice mail isn't working right. The icon doesn't disappear once I have cleared out the messages AND then the message at the bottom of the screen still says I have messages.

Is this the first time VZW told you to do a Factory Reset and it didn't fix the problem? Stop listening to VZWs CS about Factory Reset. :( A Factory Reset is a last resort, not a first. This forum has had all kinds of "fixes/workarounds" for this in the last few days.

[URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/122971-gb-how-get-messages-app-default-sms-mms.html#post1310262"][Here's][/URL] what I suggest.

Hope your new job is going well. I guess that's probably why you didn't have time to cruise the forums about this issue. :)

-Frank

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Frank........this week has been grueling LOL there were 29 people in the orientation and 15 of us were chosen yesterday to move forward. So, it is OFFICIAL now...........am employed.....start the training Monday.
I haven't seen a fix for this sorry for my rant.......HTC didn't read my email correctly and I don't know why people can't read what the problem is..........duh......Verizon duh.....thunderbolt......dug gingerbread.....
this redhead is in a mood........;)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I email HTC and the reply is to let them know the device I am using and the carrier and explain the issue.
Can't their reps read English? I clearly didn't get someone who understands I have the Thunderbolt, it has been updated to Gingerbread and it is Verizon. My voice message icon is not working nor when I delete messages, the message at the bottom of the screen also doesn't clear.

What is there not to understand?

ohhh and then to have someone recommend google voice..........if I wanted google voice I would use it.
when someone wants their current issue resolved with THAT situation, please don't suggest another option, especially since the user also stated clearly they want their carrier voice message icon fixed.
If someone asks if there are alternatives, then fine. But actively listening.........I want my CARRIER issue resolved....I don't want an alternate voice message.
People not only need to read and know what the customer is asking, but stick to that problem and not suggest something else. That doesn't resolve the problem at hand. And when people talk to you, really listen to what the customer is saying. If they want a car, would you sell them an SUV? :eek:

I am on the band wagon. Sorry, but I am tired of being told well do this instead INSTEAD of resolving the issue.

I actually got an htc rep and a vzw rep together in a conference call. Neither was familiar with gb features. Htc rep said none of their demos have gb so no way she could lead me through steps. Htc rep also said vm notifications is a third party app installed by vzw so htc doesn't support it. Vzw rep denied that (after htc rep hung up). Vzw rep ended up giving me vvm (because I asked for it). I love vvm so I have no complaints about vm notifications at the moment.

Because menus are a little different in gb htc reps are worthless if they don't have a working tbolt with gb as a demo.

At this point all I hope for is an eventual cure for the data drops. I expect to lose data in a dead zone but I shouldn't have to do a reset to get it back (and no - airplane toggle or cdma toggle do not work for me.

I would also love a fix for the diminishing screen sensitivity when phone is being charged. I'm not sure if that is a bug that can be fixed or a hardware issue.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse, but Verizon pulled the update due to broken voicemail. No amount of calls will fix it.

Rooting on the other hand, and running a BAMF rom or fixing it yourself...

mbsweb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Download YouMail from the market. It's a free visual voicemail app and will notify you when you have voicemail. It's not instantaneous but it works well

Reactions: Jude526

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Are they offering it cause the Rep said they werent

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !
I don't think I've ever talked to two reps who gave the same answer. Well, I might be exagerating a bit, but not too much.

Anyway, really it's no big deal. Whatever works for you. I'm not sure if being a VZW customer since day-1 makes any difference or not. Probably not. I think it's all in the delivery :)

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Frank

They gave me a Freeman month and told me to call back before my new bill cycle and if not resonved they'll give me. 2 nd month.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've ever talked to two reps who gave the same answer. Well, I might be exagerating a bit, but not too much.

Anyway, really it's no big deal. Whatever works for you. I'm not sure if being a VZW customer since day-1 makes any difference or not. Probably not. I think it's all in the delivery :)

-Frank

I am always polite. Even if have been with then sjbce the days of the dinosaur