Video Skype, 3G or 4G?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Haven't tried it yet, but would video skype work over 3G? If so, should I notice any difference in performance using 4G rather than 3G?

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about Skype but I use tango and its a huge difference for me going from 3g to 4g. 3g was so choppy and 4g is just as smooth as ever

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I used Skype for first time this weekend over 3g to a computer and it was amazing! However, when I tried Skype 3g to 3g...not so amazing.....Either way, it was pretty cool.

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Skype 3G to computer works amazingly. I Didn't have any downgrade to my video/sound quality over 3G. Stood in the middle of downtown KC and Skyped my boys at home after school. It was a hoot!:D Now, I am trying to find someone else with a 3g capable Skype phone to check it out.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Skype 3G to computer works amazingly. I Didn't have any downgrade to my video/sound quality over 3G. Stood in the middle of downtown KC and Skyped my boys at home after school. It was a hoot!:D Now, I am trying to find someone else with a 3g capable Skype phone to check it out.

I have to laugh....I remember saying to myself "My next phone has got to have the front facing camera (FFC) so I can video call people".......I have done 3 video calls...all to my daughter in the last 6 months......LOLOL.

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My problem is that I don't have a lot of friends with 3G phones capable of video chatting. I can chat with my daughter on her iphone, but she has to use wifi to talk with me. If I have a weak signal, my audio will be choppy but the video has been consistently good. I have chatted home after work about everyday since the gb update. I like the FFC a lot and I really like this phone. To me having the features work that I bought the phone for is really very nice! :)

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have found Skype to be amazing. Due to my job I work long hours and am away from home a lot, and work computers are locked down super tight because there is so much sensitive information there. Enter the Thunderbolt: I can relax in my office and have a video conversation with my wife while she is out and about.

4G to 4G is smoother and higher resolution (I've noticed) than 3G. The big difference is video-calling in transit. While driving in a car at 35 mph, 4G video calls become a bit choppy with slightly degraded audio, whereas 3G becomes a still picture slide-show with unintelligible audio.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt