Voice to text not working on first try

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the microphone button the listening box appears, but my voice doesn't register. I have to hit cancel and then try again and it works....I have this problem everytime I use it.

Anyone else with this issue? Any solutions?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No but I was getting multiple text messages. I removed the battery. Removed the SIM. Reinserted. Seems OK now. Don't know if that will help but might try

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the microphone button the listening box appears, but my voice doesn't register. I have to hit cancel and then try again and it works....I have this problem everytime I use it.

Anyone else with this issue? Any solutions?

I do have the same issue. It is annoying. Haven't found a solution.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try my suggestion. Or you may need to do a factory reset.

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Vlingo is another alternative. It works a lot better IMO. And is free from the market.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Vlingo works better for me in voice dialing, but Voice Actions works better for me when navigating to websites.

Thanks, Robrecht

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't normally use voice to text. I am testing it now with this message. Seems to work fine.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk and voice to text.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It would work great on Droid and Droid x, but this one seems to have a problem. Maybe the additional mics? Droid x had extra mics but never had a problem. My tbolt usually takes 2-3 tries to work.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It would work great on Droid and Droid x, but this one seems to have a problem. Maybe the additional mics? Droid x had extra mics but never had a problem. My tbolt usually takes 2-3 tries to work.
Did you download the free Google app Voice Actions from the Market? I'm not sure why it apparetly needs to be downloaded as opposed to being fully pre-installed on the phone, but it seems to help.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X number of mics did help but I have learned with any voice to text app, you have to get in a habit of speaking clear and pronounce words correctly... After figuring out how to get WM voice command to work properly I seem to have good luck with all of those apps now.. Vlingo does well but the stock one isn't that bad after you get use to it.

Also remember the mic on the TB isn't the best for Speakerphone without setting it face down so this also seems to effect the Voice Action...

Last edited:

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded the app. And I could scream and it wouldn't hear a thing. I press cancel and try again, and it hears me great. I was born in u.s. speak 65% English and 34% Spanish. 1% random. My English is pretty good. So no accent. It is either software or hardware problems. Idk.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded the app. And I could scream and it wouldn't hear a thing. I press cancel and try again, and it hears me great. I was born in u.s. speak 65% English and 34% Spanish. 1% random. My English is pretty good. So no accent. It is either software or hardware problems. Idk.

Right. My problem is not the voice recognition not understanding me, it's that it doesn't hear anything on the first try. I'll try the battery pull etc today...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante