Voicemail notification fixed

daero93

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I started up my phone this morning and my voicemail notification was working. I had alot of missed VM but Im glad that it is fixed. Maybe big red did some over the air corrections. Anyone elses problem been fixed?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to get rid of the notification after checking it? That's the other side of the broken VM notifications, if you get one, the only way to get rid of the icon is by rebooting.

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This is how the bug works...You don't recieve notifications til you reboot. Then the notifications stays (even after you check your VM and try to clear it) until you reboot again, That is unless you recieved yet more VM's. The bug is not fixed. I think going in and out of airplane will recycle it similar to rebooting.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just as an FYI, there's no need to reboot the phone to get or clear the notifications. Simply putting the phone into and then out of airplane mode is enough. That's been working for me for a while.

Reactions: Mike_is_Mike

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
By starting up your phone assuming it was powered off all you did was basically reboot. Airplane switching works for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is how the bug works...You don't recieve notifications til you reboot. Then the notifications stays (even after you check your VM and try to clear it) until you reboot again, That is unless you recieved yet more VM's. The bug is not fixed. I think going in and out of airplane will recycle it similar to rebooting.
Thanks for this clarification. It bears repeating. It's no wonder why CS reps do not understand this. Probably more than half the people here don't either.

-Frank

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is irritating! VM notification worked pre-GB update. Now I have to put it in Airplane mode to see if I have any messages and once I check VM's, have to put it into AP mode to clear the indicator. This is rendering the phone "almost" useless. Wake up Verizon!
"No officer, I wasn't texting, that's illegal! I was checking voice messages and clearing the notification when I rear-ended this person..."

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is irritating! VM notification worked pre-GB update. Now I have to put it in Airplane mode to see if I have any messages and once I check VM's, have to put it into AP mode to clear the indicator. This is rendering the phone "almost" useless. Wake up Verizon!
"No officer, I wasn't texting, that's illegal! I was checking voice messages and clearing the notification when I rear-ended this person..."

I think you are over reacting and being a little extreme. Yes the vm bug is a problem and pain but there are other options to get your voice mail to notify you properly. Google voice is one. This issue does not make the phone almost useless....

Yes most would love a fix and yes we are owed that from VZW but we also can find temp workarounds... Its a phone, no need to let if upset your life..

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon and demand visual voice mail at no cost in the interim. I did. I wasn't going to but I use my phone as work phone and the airplane mode workaround was getting annoying. So I called VZW and nicely but firmly stated that I know the issue is going to be fixed but demanded (nicely) VVM and 30 mins later after two tiers, an HTC rep (they called him, not me), repeting everything I already knew and finally a supervisor...I have free VVM. Problem solved. For now.

If u want to check w/o doing airplane mode if u have msgs u can hit menu-settings-call and then if the "clear voicemail notification" setting in NOT greyed out that means u have voicemail.

Good luck.

a2ron

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but I didn't realize that the VM notifications wasn't working post GB and found that I had 3 each that I didn't know about..........I got the notification after I did a reboot when I lost network connectivity (again).

I listen to the VM's and deleted them, returned to the home screen and the notification was still there. I checked the menu/settings/call and the "Clear voicemail notification" is greyed out and won't let me select it.

I manually check my VM again just to be sure......."no new messages"

No new messages, can't select the "clear voicemail notification" and I still show the VM notification in my status bar and Notifications screen.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I listen to the VM's and deleted them, returned to the home screen and the notification was still there. I checked the menu/settings/call and the "Clear voicemail notification" is greyed out and won't let me select it.

Yeah, the notification stays even after deleting or listening to all new VM's unless you reboot. Or maybe do the airplane mode thing, I think. I forget and now have VVM so I'm not going back.

I feel inspired to say that despite this flaw, there is no better phone out right now than this phone. My one year contract is up early in November and I have no reason to switch phones to the Vigor, iPhone 4S or anything else. I love my kickstand (highly underrated), my voice and data at the same time (despite the at&t commercials claiming they have the only "4G" phones that can do that), its fast, my extended battery lasts more than a day, and now I can actually use the Front Facing Camera with Skype, etc. Love it!

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know just call me stupid. But if I see a red phone handset with a white arrow bouncing off of it in my notification bar I look to see if I have a voice mail. Come on people it's not rocket science. And to the guy who called this phone unusable go get a Jitter Bug. There are work arounds other apps and if you've got a pair call VZW and demand VVM. JEEEZE

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know just call me stupid. But if I see a red phone handset with a white arrow bouncing off of it in my notification bar I look to see if I have a voice mail. Come on people it's not rocket science. And to the guy who called this phone unusable go get a Jitter Bug. There are work arounds other apps and if you've got a pair call VZW and demand VVM. JEEEZE

I'm happy with the vvm solution. I'd be happy to keep it for free forever. To be honest I think vvm should be free anyway.

I found the nfl mobile live screw up more aggravating and there is a work-around for that too (clear cache).

GB hasn't done much to improve my phone but it isn't as bad as mr1 was (all the restarts - ugh).

Data seems better but I'm not sure yet. Just one data drop.

I always figured the update to fix the update would be better. We'll see.....

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the vvm solution. I'd be happy to keep it for free forever. To be honest I think vvm should be free anyway.

I found the nfl mobile live screw up more aggravating and there is a work-around for that too (clear cache).

GB hasn't done much to improve my phone but it isn't as bad as mr1 was (all the restarts - ugh).

Data seems better but I'm not sure yet. Just one data drop.

I always figured the update to fix the update would be better. We'll see.....

Free visual voicemail is called google voice.

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon and demand visual voice mail at no cost in the interim. I did. I wasn't going to but I use my phone as work phone and the airplane mode workaround was getting annoying. So I called VZW and nicely but firmly stated that I know the issue is going to be fixed but demanded (nicely) VVM and 30 mins later after two tiers, an HTC rep (they called him, not me), repeting everything I already knew and finally a supervisor...I have free VVM. Problem solved. For now.

I didn't need to demand anything (though I was prepared to). I politely explained the problem. They acknowledged it, apologized for the inconvienience and gave me free vvm till its resolved. 10 mins start to finish.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk

JimMLINY

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
This was my method until the missed call notification stopped showing, now I just tap the VM icon on home screen once an hour to see if there are any messages.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon