e-mail account settings

Graniteman50

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have set up my e-mail account to use the e-mail account I have thru my cable provider (cox cable). When I am connected via WiFi I have no issues with the account. But when just on mobile 3g or 4LTE I can access and read and even get new mail but I cannot send e-mail.
I just sits there and times out and finaly reports it cannot send the e-mail. As soon as I get a WiFi connection it sends it.
Anyone have any ideas why this is the case.
I set up my wife's account on an Iphone and she has no problem either way!.
Thanks in advance.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have set up my e-mail account to use the e-mail account I have thru my cable provider (cox cable). When I am connected via WiFi I have no issues with the account. But when just on mobile 3g or 4LTE I can access and read and even get new mail but I cannot send e-mail.
I just sits there and times out and finaly reports it cannot send the e-mail. As soon as I get a WiFi connection it sends it.
Anyone have any ideas why this is the case.
I set up my wife's account on an Iphone and she has no problem either way!.
Thanks in advance.

Are you using IMAP or POP3?. I have COMCAST (IMAP) and when I setup my account I pick "EMAIL". When I set up YAHOO, I pick the Yahoo ICON.

Also, does COX have an app for their service? I know COMCAST does....I don't use it, but that is an option.

Graniteman50

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Unobtanium,
I googled again and found I had forgotten to enable the SSL for the port I slected on the outgoing server All is working great.:D: