My replacement TB is coming in today

lemmegetatthat

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to back up anything from my old phone? How do I restore everything onto my new phone? Is it as simple as signing in to google? Also, what precautions should I take with sending with sending the old one back? How do I wipe my data off? TIA

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to back up anything from my old phone?

You can take it to a Verizon store and they can do it...but that will only be what is on the phone itself and not the SD memory card. All you have to do with that is put it in the new phone and your good to go.

I would download from the market "MyBackup" (Free) and backup everything. You have a choice of backing up photo's but I never do since mine are stored on my SD card.

How do I restore everything onto my new phone?
When you go to restore on your new phone, restore everything but the SYSTEM FILES. It will restore your home screen to the way it was on your old phone. You won't be able to backup game data unless your phone is rooted and you backup APK's and DATA.

Is it as simple as signing in to google?
Signing into Google will restore all your apps and your contacts. But to be honest, the restore way to me is better.

Also, what precautions should I take with sending with sending the old one back? How do I wipe my data off? TIA

Wipe everything off your phone AFTER you have made sure you have everything on your new phone. After that, do the following:

1. Menu
2. Settings
3. SD & Phone Storage
4. Factory Reset (towards the bottom).

After it is done doing it's thing, shut the phone off and send it off.

lemmegetatthat

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate it. I requested a replacement due to a stuck power button, but the replacement I got doesn't seem any better... fed up with the button, its so cheap.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate it. I requested a replacement due to a stuck power button, but the replacement I got doesn't seem any better... fed up with the button, its so cheap.

I just got mine today for the same reason and my new one is much improved so you might think about calling Verizon to request another one.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just called today and requested a replacement as well. I am so sick of this phone not working!!!!
You will have better luck with the replacement phone. My thinking (and I have stated this before) is that the refurb TBolts they are sending out are the newer returned ones. I had a refurb sent to me in Sept.....works perfectly. My daughter had 3 sent to her the first 2 months of the phone being released...they all sucked (her words).

nascar01

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never had any luck with the T bolt replacements. There either built like crap or they end up no working correctly in my case. Such a shame

Gank77

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Problem with Verizon replacement phones is, they are ALL refurbished phones. Most of the early phones have/had multiple issues.. If only one issue gets reported, Verizon's testing/refurbishment group verifies that the phone doesn't have the issue that was reported, tests it, then sends it out to be issued to someone else as a replacement..

You could very easily get a phone that has had the reported issue fixed, but the issues that were missed (not reported) could still be on the phone.. (possibly the same one you returned your phone for.

Your best bet is to request replacements until you get one that is OK..

P.S. After 2 or 3 refurbished phone replacements you can request Verizon to replace the phone with a brand new one. This (of course) has to be authorized by the customer support group, but complaining loudly about crappy service and support in a busy Verizon store (without cussing) can also do the trick

:D

Gank
Android Forever!!
F$%& Apple (R.I.P. Stevie)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza