THunderbolt touch screen Freeze

janbttcll

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze & or why does the accuracy seem to be a little jumpy somedays???
AND why does my microphone in mid conversation go kaput!?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any of those issue, what have you done to try to fix? Does a restart fix your screen issue? if so for how long?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze

I had the same issue also. The only thing that worked for me was doing a BATTERY PULL. It is frustrating at times especially when I want to text or talk or FB. But, it hasn't happened in a couple of days.

When I did the battery pull, I left it out for about 5 mins.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze & or why does the accuracy seem to be a little jumpy somedays???
AND why does my microphone in mid conversation go kaput!?

You wont believe it but it just happened again..definitely not due to charge level nor rom.

Never happened before I rooted.

I was able to restart using a tip a kind poster gave me...push power, volume up, and volume down simultaneously. Easier than a battery pull if it's at an inconvenient time or place.

Last edited:

Atxdroid

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You wont believe it but it just happened again..definitely not due to charge level nor rom.

Never happened before I rooted.

I was able to restart using a tip a kind poster gave me...push power, volume up, and volume down simultaneously. Easier than a battery pull if it's at an inconvenient time or place.
Same here, and thanx for that tip just tried it, and the other issue i had was my notification drop down doesn't work half the time unless i go to the menu then hit notifications..... Kind of annyoing cause i like to use it for multitasking while playing games and what not....

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
May I ask one of you more familiar with the workings of the tbolt to comment on whether a particular rom may reduce or eliminate the frequency of these screen freezes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool