I flashed BAMF Forever. Where can I find all of my data (contacts, apps, etc) that I backed up?
    10-18-2011 05:22 PM
    the nandroid back up will restore your old system.... your contacts... unless the were google contacts not sure.... titanium back up will restore some of the apps... only restore app data DO NOT restore system data.....
    10-18-2011 05:30 PM
    And I know I backed my info up to this....but where can I find it?
    10-18-2011 06:00 PM
    Which application did you use to back up the data?
    Usually you don't have to.worry about finding it. You go into the app and IT will find its backed up data.

Titanium saves its.backups in a folder called titanium on your sdcard. Clockwork stores its backup nandroid in a folder on the sdcard called backups.
    My Backup stores it in a folder called my backup on the sdcard and so on.
    10-18-2011 06:16 PM
    I used ROM manager because that is what the instructions said to use. I downloaded that program again and went to manage and restore backups (not sure if this is where I should have gone). When I clicked that, It started to reboot and then stayed on the HTC screen forever. I had to pop the battery out.
    10-18-2011 06:20 PM
    Rom manager backs up everything in one file. You can't use it (to my knowlege) to back up data in apps. My Backup does that. Rom manager makes.one big backup of everything (called a nandroid) including the old rom so if you flash a new rom the go to rom manager and choose restore and select the file you saved (name of it is the date it was saved) it will restore everything back the way it was before...you lose the new rom and put back the old one. It takes a long time to restore everything so just leave it alone while it restores (hopefully) back to the original rom. Then you can download my backup, backup apps and data, flash the new rom, restore data and any apps that don't download automatically from my backup.

There are directions (better than mine) under rooting, roms and hacks in a sticky.
    10-18-2011 06:50 PM
    Ok. Thanks!
    10-18-2011 06:52 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=77350

[Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt
    10-18-2011 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD