Thunderbolt Will Get Ice Cream Sandwich?

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
HTC mentioned after the press conference they need to look into ics. I think there could be issues with sense running on ics.

Also Google said it should be able to run on all 2.3 devices.

Keyword. Should.

And it looked like ics had some features that would be not possible on tbolt.

Nfc beaming with another device
No physical buttons

Hopefully there's some modified versions of ics for older phones. Or a Rom to flash soon.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
this thread should be removed, why would you want a software update from HTC/Verizon anyway? they are always buggy and take forever to get fixed. I trust the devs 10 fold....

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure HTC already said a while back that we wont officially get ICS.
I am pretty confident that there will be official OEM skins running on 4.0 that will make use of the buttons on all the existing phones that are upgradable. That being said our awesome dev community will produce a custom Rom that will cure your sweet tooth for some Ice Cream Sammich

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, I don't give a blank about ICS on the Thunderbolt. Gingerbread is just fine. I'll be looking for ICS on a "NEW" phone in the future, which I hope still has the capacitive buttons as the screen ones via ICS leave something to be desired.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It will likely eventually come.
I think the question is, will they test it properly before they release it.

:D

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
love it when some one posts something with a misleading title and then out comes a question instead.

Thunderbolt will get FREE hot spot, FREE texting, FREE international calling & texting, and FREE upgrades for LIFE on any phone from any carrier of your choice...............or at least I hope so, do you think that will happen? :eek: