Ask vzw for early upgrade to Galaxy Nexus

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you'd like an early upgrade to the Nexus Galaxy then go over to twitter and ask them. I've sent out a few tweets to @VerizonWireless, @VZWSupport & @Verizon. Those of us on the Thunderbolt were the first adopters to 4G and with any first adopters you're taking a chance on something and things never go as planned. So ask verizon for a chance to upgrade early to the Nexus Galaxy if you want a new phone. It doesn't hurt to ask and if they see enough people asking you never know. I've received many early upgrade offers from Verizon, fingers crossed I get another.

Here's what I sent.

"How about a special offer upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus for us 4G 1st time adopters on a Thunderbolt?"

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Leave HTC for a Samsung.

NOT! I got burned on that and learned an expensive lesson.

And I'm actually very happy with my TB as it is right now.

Now that Moto RAZR............:cool:

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus isn't a Samsung. It's made by them but it's a google hero phone. See: nexus: the best Android ever built.

Also you honestly think they'll give you that early of an upgrade? lol.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

pimfram

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been content with my TB since I rotted. I'm definitely not getting a Nexus early if I have to pay $600 for the thing, so I'll probably just wait until my 1-year deal is up in February and play with all the new phones and get the one I like most.

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been content with my TB since I rotted. I'm definitely not getting a Nexus early if I have to pay $600 for the thing, so I'll probably just wait until my 1-year deal is up in February and play with all the new phones and get the one I like most.

Exactly, the CES is a couple months away anyway.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought my thunderbolt on a 1 year contract for $229 back in march, thanks to the discount pricing from my employers discount. My upgrade is in mid January so I don't really need Verizon to up my discount date. Plus in January I bet they have some post Christmas sales to boost sales and by then I can see the specs on the quad core phones coming out.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
VZW usually announces in Jan/Feb and release them in March/April......I will wait until then. The RAZR looked good until I learned that it won't have a swappable battery. I bet next year will have a good crop of phones. I would like VZW give us the TBolt users the option of upgrading without a penalty or charging us extra $$$ for that privilege.

jhimebau

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I am extremely happy with my TB. Even more so since I loaded DAS BAMF 1.0.7! The RAZR looks really good but the battery arrangement really turns me off. I have an upgrade coming early next year but do not intend to use it for a while.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I already have an upgrade that I've been sitting on, but don't really want to upgrade to the Nexus. It looks like a great phone and I would probably love the screen but it's not worth $200 or $300 to me. I would take it as a free upgrade but that's just not gonna happen for quite some time.

Thanks, Robrecht

Reactions: cordoni

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I already have an upgrade that I've been sitting on, but don't really want to upgrade to the Nexus. It looks like a great phone and I would probably love the screen but it's not worth $200 or $300 to me. I would take it as a free upgrade but that's just not gonna happen for quite some time.

Thanks, Robrecht
I'm with you. Basically, thanks anyway, but I'm good :)

-Frank

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an X I'm not happy with the weight, size & battery life of the Bolt. Also the exterior of the phone is all chipped up, kick stand is worn and the glass scratches easily, I would be back on an X if it were not for the 4G. Now don't take that the wrong way I still love my bolt, but I'm being picky here. I'm a glutton for new tech so I want the nfc, I want a dev phone and I'm extremely happy that verizon is finally getting one. So yes I would upgrade in a heartbeat for $300 and contract extension. All I ask is if you feel the same just to drop vzw a note asking to do so.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an X I'm not happy with the weight, size & battery life of the Bolt. Also the exterior of the phone is all chipped up, kick stand is worn and the glass scratches easily

I have a screen protector and it smudges, but it is scratch free. As far as the chips on the case, that is what a cover is for. My complaint is that this phone doesn't have GORILLA glass like the RAZR and I have read many people dropping their phones and the screen cracking. It happened to me (replaced it) and my daughter and a friend's EvO (TBolt for Sprint) and a few other people. I am holding off getting a new phone until next year.....want to see what the iPhone 5 will offer!

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I can deal with not being able to remove the battery, but no SD card in the Nexus is a deal breaker. If the phone takes a spill, it's all gone (unless you have a backup). I signed a one year with my TB and can upgrade in Feb...will probably wait and see what will be coming out next year.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a screen protector and it smudges, but it is scratch free. As far as the chips on the case, that is what a cover is for. My complaint is that this phone doesn't have GORILLA glass like the RAZR and I have read many people dropping their phones and the screen cracking. It happened to me (replaced it) and my daughter and a friend's EvO (TBolt for Sprint) and a few other people. I am holding off getting a new phone until next year.....want to see what the iPhone 5 will offer!

I wouldn't let gorilla glass be a deal breaker. It's just a nice little buzzword that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy but that's it. My OG Droid lost a battle with the driveway and had a random hairline scratch on the Fascinate I had (no drops and kept in a holster). So while Gorilla Glass may be stronger, it's certainly not impervious to damage.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I don't use covers or screen protectors, it takes away from the sensitivity of the screen and covers make phones more bulky. Companies need to make phones durable enough for everyday use, and that's how my X was. When I sold it after months of use it still looked fairly new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463