Is anyone jealous of the Droid Razr?

cElos

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Droid Razr will actually be a pretty slick phone. It will have Blur though, so that makes it a no go.

But yeah, the Galaxy Nexus is the phone to beat.

Can't wait.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Motorola makes the ugliest phones and ugliest ui.

Jealous of the nexus galaxy? Yeah a bit....

Jealous of the vigor? Yeah,a lot, but I'd like a phone with a kick stand

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No, because trying to have the most current or most powerful phone will leave you broke. As fast as new phones come out, I can't worry myself trying to keep up. I'm on the verge of purchasing the Tbolt as my first 4G phone, primarily because of price, and the fact that many of the bugs have/will be worked out of it by the time I'm ready for another upgrade.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Razor. Not so much. Blur !!

Gal Nex yes. I am in for that.

Vigor maybe. If for some reason I don't like the G-Nex. Has there been confirmation on the processor yet?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm struggling to think of something that this phone doesn't do well that I'd like it to do.

With the extended battery, I have enough juice to go a full day of even fairly heavy use without worrying about charge. Would I like a battery that lasts two days? Sure, but it's on the charger every night.

With the 8mpix camera and 720p video with sound, I no longer have to carry around my 12mpix camera - the Tbolt takes pictures that are far beyond snapshot quality and very nearly the same quality as my Lumix, and I have one less device (and one less battery) to deal with. Plus my photos are geotagged and I can share them instantly on Facebook, Google Plus, email, etc.

I can geocache with c:geo open source, I can check my pulse, I can measure the height of trees, I can get driving directions with voice, I can check and update fuel prices with GasBuddy, I can check signal strengths in areas I'm about to visit with Sensorly, I can check the weather and look at radar, I can surf the web with Flash video, I can text/audio/video chat on Skype and Google Talk, I can find and identify constellations with Google Sky Map, I can identify satellite passes with HeavensAbove, I can scan barcodes at work to save keying 20- and 30-character numbers.

How can anyone with all that capability in the palm of my hand be jealous of one that maybe does the same things a little faster?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No, because trying to have the most current or most powerful phone will leave you broke. As fast as new phones come out, I can't worry myself trying to keep up. I'm on the verge of purchasing the Tbolt as my first 4G phone, primarily because of price, and the fact that many of the bugs have/will be worked out of it by the time I'm ready for another upgrade.

The major bugs have been worked out of the Tbolt as of the latest release. I'm not going to say it's a perfect phone, but the latest firmware fully supports ALL of the hardware the phone has to offer and appears to have resolved all the big issues that have been plaguing this phone without introducing any big new ones (at least not that I've heard so far on any sort of scale).

Just put the HTC Extended Battery in your budget numbers for the phone. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Reactions: johnriii

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Three words about the RAZR:

No removable battery.

That alone makes it a no-go for me. I'm a battery terrorist. I am using my phone constantly and even wreck my extended battery in my Bolt in less than four hours sometimes. The last thing I need is a phone with a battery I can kill in an hour and no way of replacing it with an extended one.

Drunk texted from my CM7 Bolt.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not! Don't care for Moto designs nor their Blur interface. Putting that aside, the non-removable battery is a deal breaker! Frankly, at this time, there is no other phone (existing or upcoming) that has any appeal to me over the Thunderbolt. I'm talking overall features (hardware and software) wise (kickstand anyone? :p). I really like the Thunderbolt and plan to keep rockin it for some time! Now that the voicemail notification issue is fixed and LTE has been turned on where I live, this phone is golden to me. :)

Reactions: Jude526

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No, not jealous of the RAZR. Among other things, a non-removable/changeable 1780mAh battery is not good enough. We have folks right in this forum who have tried a 1500/1600mAh battery in the ThunderBolt and couldn't tell any difference from the OEM 1400mAh battery. Imagine if you couldn't replace it with a fresh one, or install an extended 2750mAh battery, like a lot of us have. No way.

-Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude526

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Wait, non-replaceable battery?

Nope, any possibility of jealousy just flew out the window.

No, seriously, people other than Apple are making the idiotic decision to make phones with non-replaceable batteries in this day and age?

I realize many phones will be "obsolete" to new adopters in a year or two, but current devices will still be desirable to many 4 and 5 years from now.

I have a three-year-old iPod Touch Gen 2 that's still got plenty of usefulness left in it, except the battery is starting to go and Apple wants more to replace it than a new iPod Touch Gen whatever-is-current-now. So its only duty is to sit in a stereo and play music.

Death to devices with non-replaceable batteries! It's a symptom of a wasteful society, and is a habit we need to break.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No, seriously, people other than Apple are making the idiotic decision to make phones with non-replaceable batteries in this day and age?
I have a three-year-old iPod Touch Gen 2 that's still got plenty of usefulness left in it, except the battery is starting to go and Apple wants more to replace it than a new iPod Touch...
I think you just hit on why Apple and others don't think it's idiotic -- whereas most consumers do think it's idiotic. :)

-Frank

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorta, that's why I just used my upgrade on one. Plus, the laptop dock means I no longer need to use a tablet. Woot,

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no desire. Period. I am very happy with my TB. It has been an endearing struggle getting the kinks out of it. But I am very pleased even with the minor issues. This device is amazing. I wanted it badly and well worth it to me. HTC has the best products. Can't get me to switch.

And the Thunder rolls!

Glamis101

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I love HTC too, but the TB is far from sorted out. Too many users still reporting restarts (like me) and Sense crashing (hasn't happened to me yet). That said, I'm still happy with my choice.

Oh and definitely get the extended battery. It's a must have.