it says charging, but it doesnt.

aksi

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
seems like this is a place to come when i am frustrated with my bolt. have had lots of help from u guys.
anyways, my bolt seems like it doesnt want to charge. when i plug it to wall, the top icon shows it is charging, but it doesnt charge at all. so the phone shut off eventually while it's plugged to wall bc battery is drained.
then tried a car charger but it would charge around upto 50% then wouldnt charge anymore. any of u guys ever had this problem b4?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I havent! Sounds like a bad battery. There are many reasons why a battery would go bad. Try to swap a battery and see if that does the trick. Try a battery recalibration. That may help.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It might also be a bad cable. Keep in mind all cables Rent created equal.....for example, my sons Samsung phone uses the same connection.....takes linger to charge

sent from my TBolt.....still better than an iPhone any day

rloredo8

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had that same problem. First I replaced my USB cable, that didn't help. Called Verizon and the sent me a new battery. Didn't do it for a long time, then noticed it was going dead on the charger the other day. Went in to my task killer and saw a lot of apps running. Once I killed all the apps phone started charging.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had that same problem. First I replaced my USB cable, that didn't help. Called Verizon and the sent me a new battery. Didn't do it for a long time, then noticed it was going dead on the charger the other day. Went in to my task killer and saw a lot of apps running. Once I killed all the apps phone started charging.
A task killer the horror. Remove it right now or face my mighty list of bookmark articles on why android does not need a task killer.

a2ron

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Install a battery monitor and see what your chargers are putting out to the TB. The normal 500mA USB chargers don't put out enough current for the TB. And to get the TB to charge at the higher rate, you need a specific USB charge only cable (data lines are shorted with a high resistance). If the battery monitor shows 300-500 mA then its probably your charge setup.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Had that happen to me a number of times. For me, it has always been the cable. I squeeze the connector a little and it fixes it for a few more weeks.
Install the Battery Monitor Widget to get more facts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc