1. mikejeski's Avatar
    Not sure if anyone has seen this issue or not, So I thought I'd ask.

    My tbolt has been working fine until yesterday when I connected it over usb to my linux (ubuntu) box
    to move some music onto it. When mounted a folder popped up on my desktop as usual except the folder didn't have the proper name. it used to be 3165-3165. This time it was :1 Done

    df -h showed I was mounted to /media/ 1

    Odd that it would mount it as a "holey" filename. what with the spaces and all.

    So I disconnected and reconnected and nothing mounted at all.
    dmesg shows errors (listed below). Duplicated on a second linux box.

    Funny thing is if I connect it to a windows box there is no issue
    at all.

    Anyone seen this before?

    usb 8-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 14
    [ 7425.040075] usb 8-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 7425.220055] hub 8-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
    11-03-2011 04:13 PM
  2. mikejeski's Avatar
    I believe I've got this sorted now. It appears to have been caused by a funky usb cable. Replacing the cable helped, but a little more effort was needed. Even when remounted with the new cable linux saw the mount point as /media/ 1 ^M^M one

    The SD card's filesystem is fat32 (lowest common denominator I suppose)
    So i connected to a windows machine and edited the label in the drives properties based on what I'd seen on linux when looking at the block devices it saw and it clearly showed the sd card as "3165-3165" So I used that value in the label of the drive properties unmounted and remounted on linux and bingo. All that's left now is to determine what got corrupted during this period. may yet have to reset/reformat
    11-04-2011 12:26 PM