Thunderbolt update

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I still have not received the software update for my Thunderbolt. Is this update still being pushed? My phone is completely stock.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I still have not received the software update for my Thunderbolt. Is this update still being pushed? My phone is completely stock.
Check, Menu | Settings | Scroll down to About phone | Software Information -- let us know what your software number is and we'll be able to tell you if you need to update it. The latest is 2.11.605.5. If you need to updeate it just select Software Update, just above the About phone choice.

-Frank

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I never got it either, so I finally just grabbed it from Android Police. It's very easy to do, and worked like a charm. The main drawback is it will wipe your phone, and you'll need to spend time putting it all back. But I got tired of waiting a few days ago, and now I have Gingerbread. Make sure you back up all of your data and apps, and I'd recommend recording all of the apps you have on your phone now to make it easier to load them back on. Here's the link to Android Police:

[Updated] Exclusive: Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.5 For The HTC Thunderbolt, Fixes Several Issues From Official Gingerbread OTA

titleist22

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not received the 605.5 either. I did get the update to 605.3. I have tried the software update several times a day for over a week without success. Any suggestions other than the Android Police link?

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have 605.3. I got the initial update for gingerbread about a month ago but was looking forward to the fix on 605.5 for voicemail, but nothing so far

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not received the 605.5 either. I did get the update to 605.3. I have tried the software update several times a day for over a week without success. Any suggestions other than the Android Police link?

Disclaimer: None of these techniques worked for me, nut maybe you'll have better luck.

Here's the response I got from HTC when i asked them when I would get the OTA:

I understand that you would like to know how to get the latest update on your HTC Thunderbolt. The update is pushed out in waves and it’s possible it hasn’t been pushed to your phone yet. However, there are several steps that you can take to try to push the update through. The first thing would be to advance the date on your phone by increments of three.

1. Go to Settings> Accounts & Sync and disable background data.
2. Go to Settings> Date & Time and advance the month and year by 3 (Dec 2014)
3. Then go to Settings> System Updates to see if you can download the update.

Before you try this next method, be sure to enable background data. If you are still not having success, you can perform the Google check-in service. Open the dialer on your phone and type in *#*#2432546#*#*. The number should disappear and you will see a message in the notification bar saying ‘Checkin succeeded’. Try checking for updates once more. If the update is still not available, you may need to wait a little longer for the update to reach you.

Other people have had luck pulling their battery and SIM card for 5 minutes, putting them back in, and then checking for the OTA when you start up the phone.

Still other people have had luck changing their data connection to 1X and then trying to pull the OTA. Once it shows up on their phone, they switch back to 4G (or whatever you have) and download the update.

Like I said, none of these things worked for me, so I just followed the link posted above and did it myself. If you have any questions about how to upload the RUU to your phone, just ask. But hopefully one of these other methods works for you.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Check, Menu | Settings | Scroll down to About phone | Software Information -- let us know what your software number is and we'll be able to tell you if you need to update it. The latest is 2.11.606.5. If you need to updeate it just select Software Update, just above the About phone choice.

-Frank

Did you make a typo? Thought the latest was 2.11.605.5

And the Thunder rolls!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
We better make sure the right one is being posted. I am questioning this. FRANK states it is 2.11.606.5

I have 2.11.605.5

So which is correct? I thought I had the correct update

And the Thunder rolls!

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
well I tried everything listed here except the direct download. Im not sure im technically proficent enough to do that.

The phone is not showing up in my verizon profile. it shows that it is a non listed phone

If I check software update the message just goes away it never tells me that there is no update, it just doesnt do anything

Just curious why these things are this way and what needs to be done to fix them. contacting HTC warranty folks tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Bear in mind that any given software update is pushed out in waves over a 90 day cycle. If you have not received the update after 90 days of when it was first released, then you need to call Verizon tech support so we can get the update pushed.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bear in mind that any given software update is pushed out in waves over a 90 day cycle. If you have not received the update after 90 days of when it was first released, then you need to call Verizon tech support so we can get the update pushed.

You are a VZW rep yet you rooted your Tbolt? Wow.

Anyway...does that mean in another couple of months I could go back to the original gb build stock rom and there is no way I have to worry about VZW pushing the OTA on me and messing up my phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech