Stock Email App Question

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my hotmail set up to sync through the stock email app. Is there a way to mark mail as spam in stock email app? I keep deleting spam but marking as spam would be more effective.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my hotmail set up to sync through the stock email app. Is there a way to mark mail as spam in stock email app? I keep deleting spam but marking as spam would be more effective.
No, I don't believe so. However, if you consciously use the menu to [Move] the email to the junk/spam folder, hotmail should recognize that and tally it as spam to help improve your hotmail filters. That's how my mail server works too (I run my own mail server and can control the spam filter at the server level).

OTOH, you could set your hotmail filters tighter to begin with, of course. That way you'd never even receive the stuff.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I select "move to" spam folder is NOT there. That's the problem.
It looks like hotmail uses a "junk" folder and not a "spam" folder. You see no "junk" folder either?

It would probably depend on what protocol you're set up with. IMAP usually allows this. POP would not. I don't know what protocol options hotmail has.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Two choices under move to - trash and sent. No junk.

I made no choice re imap or pop. I simply signed into hotmail from stock email app.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Two choices under move to - trash and sent. No junk.

I made no choice re imap or pop. I simply signed into hotmail from stock email app.

It probably did an auto setup for POP email. That won't communicate junk/spam, back to the server, or have all of the server folders.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I should have been more explicit. My account ends in @msn.com not @hotmail.com

That link doesn't give a server for msn email. I tried m.msn.com and m.live.com and m.hotmail.com but none work. It does work with email addresses that end in @hotmail.com I still have my ancient msn.com email account from back in the day people paid for email accounts.

Thanks.for trying. Its a great catch for people with accounts ending in @hotmail.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles