No internet

rot#AC

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Im not getting 3g or 4g. Tried pulling battery and sim but didnt work. what else should i try. running newest stock rooted.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Im not getting 3g or 4g. Tried pulling battery and sim but didnt work. what else should i try. running newest stock rooted.

Did you try installing a newer radio like MR3?

I was having the same issue when I installed "InFect Eternity ROM". Even though I had the MR2 and MR3 rom's on my SD Card, I had to rename the MR3 (PG05IMG), and move it to the root directory on my SD card and then boot into RECOVERY and let it install that way.

After I did that, my 3G/4G worked. Before that, only using WiFi would work!

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well i reflashed my phone now i have 4g but still no 3g

Go to:

Menu --> Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Radio Info --> scroll down and see what the "preferred network type" is set to. Mine is set to "LTE Only" which puts me in 4G only. If you pick the dropdown you can pick a combination of CDMA + LTE/EvDo (3g/4g) or just CDMA or EvDo.

report back

P.S. There is an app called "LTE On/Off" which does what the Menu --> Settings etc. does!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

How long have you had this problem? Have you called Verizon inquiring of there is an outage?
Call them from a landline.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
What area are you in? I'm having the same issue. But no data whatsoever. I can't make calls and what not but no 3g 4g or even 1x. I'm in Northern Jersey

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are still having issues call Verizon technical support. Try removing battery and SIM card again. There could became outage too

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38