It's Dumping Time...

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Today's Best Buy circular had the TB for $100. I bought mine for $250 day one. Looks like theyre dumping whats left. Something says to me that I'm stuck with a phone that doesnt sync emails, plays the previous callers ringtone and sucks the big one. And dont forget the whole "8 GB" fiasco! I shouldnt have to violate my warranty in order to make the phone work correctly. I shouldnt have to put this much effort into a stupid phone. :'(

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE to get one on the cheep and make it the equiv of an iPod for my daughter. No need for 3g/4g, just make it a wifi only device w/o phone.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably shouldn't have made your username after a phone you hate either.

Now that there is just plain ol' funny!.

I hate hearing people say "I shouldn't have to customize it........". Ok, I shouldn't have to change my tires and oil on my car either"....or like buying a new computer and NOT installing any software on it and not defrag-ing it or emptying the trash can because, well, it should come with everything I want it to have.

If you want a phone that just works without any effort...get an Iphone......wait, they are having battery issues....hmmmmm, get a clamshell case dumbphone.

The beauty of the TBolt (and any other Android phones) is the ability to customize it. I have had more fun flashing and installing ROMS than any other phone I have every owned.

Reactions: BigMace23

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Today's Best Buy circular had the TB for $100. I bought mine for $250 day one. Looks like theyre dumping whats left. Something says to me that I'm stuck with a phone that doesnt sync emails, plays the previous callers ringtone and sucks the big one. And dont forget the whole "8 GB" fiasco! I shouldnt have to violate my warranty in order to make the phone work correctly. I shouldnt have to put this much effort into a stupid phone. :'(

Which email do you use and why doesn't it sync properly? I use Gmail and Yahoo and both work perfectly for me.
What's the problem with ring tones? I personally don't mind which sound my phone plays when it rings. The default is fine. This is like the only thing I don't customize where as I usually change everything else.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Which email do you use and why doesn't it sync properly? I use Gmail and Yahoo and both work perfectly for me.
What's the problem with ring tones? I personally don't mind which sound my phone plays when it rings. The default is fine. This is like the only thing I don't customize where as I usually change everything else.

Im using the stock email app. Many others have complained of the same. It syncs sporatically at best, certainly not on the hourly schedule i have set up. Only gmail does that right in stock but I rarely use my gmail account. How often do you have it set to sync?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Im using the stock email app. Many others have complained of the same. It syncs sporatically at best, certainly not on the hourly schedule i have set up. Only gmail does that right in stock but I rarely use my gmail account. How often do you have it set to sync?

The gmail emails come in whenever I receive them. With yahoo I go in and refresh it because I don't use that email as much anymore.
Have you considered forwarding your emails to your gmail account? Usually, people who use another email will do that and they get really good results.

htcdj

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Now that there is just plain ol' funny!.

I hate hearing people say "I shouldn't have to customize it........". Ok, I shouldn't have to change my tires and oil on my car either"....or like buying a new computer and NOT installing any software on it and not defrag-ing it or emptying the trash can because, well, it should come with everything I want it to have.

If you want a phone that just works without any effort...get an Iphone......wait, they are having battery issues....hmmmmm, get a clamshell case dumbphone.

The beauty of the TBolt (and any other Android phones) is the ability to customize it. I have had more fun flashing and installing ROMS than any other phone I have every owned.

This honestly is a really bad analogy as changing tires and oil in a car is something that needs to be done to keep the car in working order.

Same with the buying a new computer. People "know" that in order to use the computer the way you want, you have to purchase software.

When people buy a phone, especially at the $250+ price tag some of us paid for it, it should work properly right out of the gate. Rooting a phone should be something that is done as a hobby by people who like to tinker with things. Rooting should not be something that is almost a "requirement" to get a working phone.

I'm lucky in that my phone is working good without rooting, aside from a couple of minor quirks that I'm happy to deal with.

I feel for the people who got shotty phones, so to come out and basically tell them to root and shut up, is frankly....rude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude526 and pcbtmr

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This honestly is a really bad analogy as changing tires and oil in a car is something that needs to be done to keep the car in working order.

Same with the buying a new computer. People "know" that in order to use the computer the way you want, you have to purchase software.

When people buy a phone, especially at the $250+ price tag some of us paid for it, it should work properly right out of the gate. Rooting a phone should be something that is done as a hobby by people who like to tinker with things. Rooting should not be something that is almost a "requirement" to get a working phone.

I'm lucky in that my phone is working good without rooting, aside from a couple of minor quirks that I'm happy to deal with.

I feel for the people who got shotty phones, so to come out and basically tell them to root and shut up, is frankly....rude.

Hold on sparky, I didn't say "Root and shut up". I said I am sick of people complaining (and blaming the phone and verizon and HTC). If you read many of the threads, you will see people say "Have you tried rooting?....if not, ask for a new phone"....if I came off as RUDE....I do apologize.....yesterday was a bad day....I hate monday's

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The gmail emails come in whenever I receive them. With yahoo I go in and refresh it because I don't use that email as much anymore.
Have you considered forwarding your emails to your gmail account? Usually, people who use another email will do that and they get really good results.

If you are refreshing yahoo yourself then it isnt syncing automatically, you are doing it which is what I have to do. As for mail forwarding, yahoo only has mail forwarding for Yahoo PLUS which is 19.99/year per account. I have 3 Yahoo accounts and since I already spent $250 on this phone I dont think I should have to spend $60 A YEAR to forward my mail to another account because some programmer doesnt know how to test his code properly and fix it. As Ive said before, If I let a phone that highlights its "video" quality out the door with no working sound I'd have gotten fired! So exactly 8 months later when the phones latest malady strikes its understandable to be upset. I wanted a working phone, not a side project!

htcdj

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hold on sparky, I didn't say "Root and shut up". I said I am sick of people complaining (and blaming the phone and verizon and HTC). If you read many of the threads, you will see people say "Have you tried rooting?....if not, ask for a new phone"....if I came off as RUDE....I do apologize.....yesterday was a bad day....I hate monday's

So people have no right to complain/blame Verizon and/or HTC for the issues with this phone?

I'm sorry, but absolutely they do. Just because the phone can be rooted, does not in any way absolve HTC/Verizon of blame.

Again, rooting is absolutely fine and sounds really cool, but it should never ever be suggested as a ?solution? to a problem, and that?s exactly what you and others are saying to people who come here with problems. You are saying yep, this phone has problems, so in order for those problems to be solved, you need to reformat it, and put brand ?new? software on it. It should not be that way??.at all. Rooting should be a fun thing that you do on the side, how this became the all-knowing answer, I?ll never understand.

All rooting does, is reduce the amount of complaints that HTC/Verizon receive. It really, in a way, takes away a lot of the leverage of the average consumer. I mean for every 1 of the OP, there are probably 100?s if not 1000?s just like him/her out there who have no idea about this site or rooting. Then you go the other way, rooting takes away 100?s or 1000?s of consumers that might otherwise be complaining, thus reducing the amount of negativity these two companies receive, thus they aren?t being held to as high a standard as they should be. They are, in essence, being allowed to ?half-ass? their products.

I know that last paragraph made it sound like rooting is evil, I really don?t think it is. I just feel like, at the end of the day, it is giving these companies a free pass.

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
now that i think about it. verizon should compensate its costumers somehow. i mean this phone has really been a joke from day one./ volume not working w/ video. then text not going to the right people. data drops and connectivity problems . constant reboots i mean, that is flat out unacceptable... lol who can get away w/ that type of stuff.

luckily my phone was workable. some issues but nothing toooo major. and after root and roms its cool. but that doesnt change the fact that verizon dropped the ball...

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are refreshing yahoo yourself then it isnt syncing automatically, you are doing it which is what I have to do. As for mail forwarding, yahoo only has mail forwarding for Yahoo PLUS which is 19.99/year per account. I have 3 Yahoo accounts and since I already spent $250 on this phone I dont think I should have to spend $60 A YEAR to forward my mail to another account because some programmer doesnt know how to test his code properly and fix it. As Ive said before, If I let a phone that highlights its "video" quality out the door with no working sound I'd have gotten fired! So exactly 8 months later when the phones latest malady strikes its understandable to be upset. I wanted a working phone, not a side project!

that's a problem you're going to have with any phone, not just the tbolt. you can pay for yahoo plus for pop access and such, which is why you should switch to gmail where pop access is free. I did, and couldn't be happier with gmail over yahoo.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
that's a problem you're going to have with any phone, not just the tbolt. you can pay for yahoo plus for pop access and such, which is why you should switch to gmail where pop access is free. I did, and couldn't be happier with gmail over yahoo.

So are you saying that yahoo doesnt work properly because of POP access? Why does it work sporatically and when I manually sync? Ive read different things about yahoo and access. I will apologize to my TB and rub it nice if it turns out its not its fault!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara