09-15-2012 09:02 AM
39 12
tools
    I downloaded the app. mp3 downloader was also the guilty app. I need mp3 downloader tho. I uninstall it and reinstall again. waiting to see what happened next. Ive had mp3 downloader for over a year now. Last month was the first of those pop up notifications. I must of click on one those banner ads by mistake.
    12-31-2011 10:24 PM
    I recommend nobody download Easy Mp3 although it is a good music app it caused a lot of spam to be sent too my phone through texts, and notifications. Airpush helped me detect the problem very easily. Thanks!
    03-04-2012 11:36 AM
    right.... except giving them your imei number is invasive. It is information that identifies your handset.
    but if theyre pushing garbage to your phone dont they already have it?
    03-04-2012 07:21 PM
    I downloaded the app. mp3 downloader was also the guilty app. I need mp3 downloader tho. I uninstall it and reinstall again. waiting to see what happened next. Ive had mp3 downloader for over a year now. Last month was the first of those pop up notifications. I must of click on one those banner ads by mistake.
    Public Service Announcement. Sometimes an app will receive an update a while after you download. I think we are all aware of that. The update can be the reason for the spamming though. App developers are trying to be clever. I've read in the Market and Appstore that more and more apps are not listing permissions such as "internet access" or "phone state and ID" with the initial download, but will try to sneek them in later through an update when we are less likely to look at the permissions. They figure now that we've downloaded the app, we trust it, and will put our guard down when an update is available. It might not be exactly what's happening here, but reading through the posts in this thread made me think of it.
    03-05-2012 02:44 PM
    This is an old post. Surprised still in the forum. The issue has been resolved!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    03-05-2012 04:22 PM
    This is an old post. Surprised still in the forum. The issue has been resolved!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    It's a good topic to bump. It still happens to new people every day.
    03-07-2012 09:21 AM
    I was getting them too!! I downloaded Lookout Adware Detector,it is free, and it ran a scan and told me exactly which apps were the culprits.
    03-08-2012 10:05 PM
    I did get them on my tbolt until I downloaded Lookout Adware Detector, it's free in the market, and scanned my phone. It found all the culprits and even showed me the opt out info each.
    03-08-2012 10:16 PM
    It was the iPhone keyboard for me.
    03-19-2012 12:47 PM
    It may be an old post but this definetly helped me out. I had this app one app for quite a while and was doing fine untill I updated my apps. Didn't know which one it was cause I hadn't downloaded anything, just updated. Found the problem and fixed it, thanks to this.
    04-29-2012 07:11 PM
    had that issue on my xoom tab. downloaded a live wallpaper and with in mins got ads. already had airpush detector and no problem so far
    04-30-2012 10:19 AM
    but if theyre pushing garbage to your phone dont they already have it?
    I don't know how they have architected their software, but with software on the phone they could be requesting the ad as opposed to having it pushed to them based on a list of IMEI numbers. Also when you give them the IMEI who knows what terms you open yourself up to. Either way - as a practice - better to remove the offending software and not willingly give out information.
    04-30-2012 04:29 PM
    I got the notifications from an app called iOnRoad (the free version). I never even tried the app, and when I removed the app, the notification went away too.
    05-13-2012 11:33 AM
    Found it in an app called "Thermo"
    09-15-2012 09:02 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD