Xapush.com

C4tie

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
MP3 Music Download is the culprit for me too ... i love that app though ... damnit !!! :confused:

P.S. Also known as mp3 Downloader ...

Last edited:

dannyboy76

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I also have been experiencing problems with ADs from xapush and hopefully resolved problem just installed Addons Detector and it found that a live wall paper app i had was the problem WHY? Sorry but I have not a clue but the Addons Detector isnt just good for that after you install it goes to black screen says tap the screen to start analysis and it scans all your apps in your phone(i have htc inspire)scans them and gives you a list of your apps that are potential addons (problems) but also gives you choice at top to filter Disabled, Advertising, Analytics, Developer tools,Licensing,Social Gaming,and finally problem i ran into Push Notifications you click on one and it will give you which apps are causing problems. So now you have choice whether live with it just getting an ad or basically you have to uninstall app This was installed on 11-28-2011 4:30pm Hope this will be able to help other people

jbizzygurl

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey had same issue with my thunderbolt super easy to get rid of go to xapush.com select manual opt-out enter ur imei number (find this by going into menu>settings>about phone>phone identity> imei ) then submit & they remove u no problem :D

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey had same issue with my thunderbolt super easy to get rid of go to xapush.com select manual opt-out enter ur imei number (find this by going into menu>settings>about phone>phone identity> imei ) then submit & they remove u no problem :D
right.... except giving them your imei number is invasive. It is information that identifies your handset.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the app. mp3 downloader was also the guilty app. I need mp3 downloader tho. I uninstall it and reinstall again. waiting to see what happened next. Ive had mp3 downloader for over a year now. Last month was the first of those pop up notifications. I must of click on one those banner ads by mistake.

alexisbrooke1

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I recommend nobody download Easy Mp3 although it is a good music app it caused a lot of spam to be sent too my phone through texts, and notifications. Airpush helped me detect the problem very easily. Thanks!

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the app. mp3 downloader was also the guilty app. I need mp3 downloader tho. I uninstall it and reinstall again. waiting to see what happened next. Ive had mp3 downloader for over a year now. Last month was the first of those pop up notifications. I must of click on one those banner ads by mistake.

Public Service Announcement. :) Sometimes an app will receive an update a while after you download. I think we are all aware of that. The update can be the reason for the spamming though. App developers are trying to be clever. I've read in the Market and Appstore that more and more apps are not listing permissions such as "internet access" or "phone state and ID" with the initial download, but will try to sneek them in later through an update when we are less likely to look at the permissions. They figure now that we've downloaded the app, we trust it, and will put our guard down when an update is available. It might not be exactly what's happening here, but reading through the posts in this thread made me think of it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This is an old post. Surprised still in the forum. The issue has been resolved!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

oldtimer_58

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I did get them on my tbolt until I downloaded Lookout Adware Detector, it's free in the market, and scanned my phone. It found all the culprits and even showed me the opt out info each.

ozzie212

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It may be an old post but this definetly helped me out. I had this app one app for quite a while and was doing fine untill I updated my apps. Didn't know which one it was cause I hadn't downloaded anything, just updated. Found the problem and fixed it, thanks to this.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
had that issue on my xoom tab. downloaded a live wallpaper and with in mins got ads. already had airpush detector and no problem so far

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
but if theyre pushing garbage to your phone dont they already have it?

I don't know how they have architected their software, but with software on the phone they could be requesting the ad as opposed to having it pushed to them based on a list of IMEI numbers. Also when you give them the IMEI who knows what terms you open yourself up to. Either way - as a practice - better to remove the offending software and not willingly give out information.

gogbuehi

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the notifications from an app called iOnRoad (the free version). I never even tried the app, and when I removed the app, the notification went away too.