09-15-2012 09:02 AM
39 12
tools
    I am getting notifications suddenly and in parenthesis says can opt out. I have no idea how I started getting them. I have deleted all apps I recently downloaded and still getting it. I only get apps from the android and Amazon markets. Anyone else have this annoying issue?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 02:56 PM
    Have you installed or signed in to Yahoo messenger recently? That craptastic app started spamming me till I 86ed it.
    Ian_Gould likes this.
    11-14-2011 03:04 PM
    No I don't use it. Only stock and Google chat

11-14-2011 03:05 PM
    Are these txts or emails?
    11-14-2011 03:10 PM
    If there is spam in the notification bar and you're not sure which app is causing it then download Airpush Detector from the market. I seen in another thread its supposed to be really good and catching apps that spam. I personally haven't had to use it yet.
    11-14-2011 03:28 PM
    No I don't use it. Only stock and Google chat

Whenever I get "spam" text's...I just respond back "STOP" and 99.9999% of the time that works.
    11-14-2011 03:40 PM
    If there is spam in the notification bar and you're not sure which app is causing it then download Airpush Detector from the market. I seen in another thread its supposed to be really good and catching apps that spam. I personally haven't had to use it yet.
    Yep. Airpush works great.
    11-14-2011 03:41 PM
    Whenever I get "spam" text's...I just respond back "STOP" and 99.9999% of the time that works.
    This is what I do with texts as well.
    11-14-2011 03:43 PM
    Comes in as a notification on the notification bar. Not in text form. Airpush app never worked

11-14-2011 06:29 PM
    Am trying it again. It shows two live wallpapers. I uninstalled them. Will see if that does it.
    Thanks

11-14-2011 08:48 PM
    So far so good. So the two wallpapers from android market were the culprits. Don't download live night fall wallpaper and horses with snow wallpaper. They come loaded with spam.

11-15-2011 08:44 AM
    Still. No issues anymore ! Yay!

Vagrant_1 likes this.
    11-18-2011 04:14 PM
    having the same effing problem

I havent downloaded anything in the last 5 days and this started 3 days ago

if I ever find out who is responsible for this crap I will personally break there face open - I am effing sick of getting spam and I am out of a job now and have a decent amount of money saved up so I will delicate my time to finding out who does this and fly to there country if I have to and smash there head in with a rock if needed because there is no reason for this happening
    11-19-2011 06:02 PM
    No need to be so uptight about this.
    A minor issue. I found the culprit on my phone. Two live wallpapers I had from android market of all places. Removed and all is fine

11-19-2011 07:29 PM
    having the same effing problem

I havent downloaded anything in the last 5 days and this started 3 days ago

if I ever find out who is responsible for this crap I will personally break there face open - I am effing sick of getting spam and I am out of a job now and have a decent amount of money saved up so I will delicate my time to finding out who does this and fly to there country if I have to and smash there head in with a rock if needed because there is no reason for this happening
    Airpush detector will tell you the culprits. Download the app

11-19-2011 11:48 PM
    I was having this same problem. I had a different method of fixing the issue though. I went to Xapush.com on my computer and did the manual opt-out. It asks for your IMEI, so I put that in and it seems to have worked.

If you don't know where to find your IMEI, dial " *#06# " and a message will appear with it (not a text message).

Using the Casio G'zOne Commando.
    11-21-2011 11:56 AM
    I was having this same problem. I had a different method of fixing the issue though. I went to Xapush.com on my computer and did the manual opt-out. It asks for your IMEI, so I put that in and it seems to have worked.

If you don't know where to find your IMEI, dial " *#06# " and a message will appear with it (not a text message).

Using the Casio G'zOne Commando.
    Thanks for the post....downloaded app and applied...not that I had an issue...might have...but, it is an excuse to load another APP.....LOLOLOLOL
    11-21-2011 12:30 PM
    It will tell you if there is a bothersome app!

11-21-2011 11:50 PM
    Am trying it again. It shows two live wallpapers. I uninstalled them. Will see if that does it.
    Thanks

Jude....here is a question......ARE YOU ROOTED?........LOLOLOLOLOL you know I am joking!
    11-22-2011 09:54 AM
    Same issue here. AirPush Detector cleaned it up. mp3 Downloader was the culprit.
    Wanted to opt out of all xapush.com but was not comfortable giving them my numbers.
    C4tie likes this.
    11-22-2011 02:18 PM
    MP3 Music Download is the culprit for me too ... i love that app though ... damnit !!!

P.S. Also known as mp3 Downloader ...
    11-23-2011 11:45 AM
    I also have been experiencing problems with ADs from xapush and hopefully resolved problem just installed Addons Detector and it found that a live wall paper app i had was the problem WHY? Sorry but I have not a clue but the Addons Detector isnt just good for that after you install it goes to black screen says tap the screen to start analysis and it scans all your apps in your phone(i have htc inspire)scans them and gives you a list of your apps that are potential addons (problems) but also gives you choice at top to filter Disabled, Advertising, Analytics, Developer tools,Licensing,Social Gaming,and finally problem i ran into Push Notifications you click on one and it will give you which apps are causing problems. So now you have choice whether live with it just getting an ad or basically you have to uninstall app This was installed on 11-28-2011 4:30pm Hope this will be able to help other people
    11-28-2011 03:41 PM
    Hey had same issue with my thunderbolt super easy to get rid of go to xapush.com select manual opt-out enter ur imei number (find this by going into menu>settings>about phone>phone identity> imei ) then submit & they remove u no problem
    12-07-2011 08:34 PM
    Hey had same issue with my thunderbolt super easy to get rid of go to xapush.com select manual opt-out enter ur imei number (find this by going into menu>settings>about phone>phone identity> imei ) then submit & they remove u no problem
    right.... except giving them your imei number is invasive. It is information that identifies your handset.
    12-07-2011 10:01 PM
    I had a few goSMS themes that were doing it to me....it's annoying as hell to get spam on your notification bar!!!
    12-21-2011 02:08 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD