What would you do?

balancesheet

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had my TB since earlier this year and am generally pretty happy with it. I typically have it set up using 3G to save battery and avoid intermittent signal issues but am kinda annoyed that I still have to charge it daily with minimal usage. One of my lines is currently eligible for upgrade and I have been looking at the RAZR and Rezound. However, after playing with the phones in the store, I don?t really feel these 2 phones are worth upgrading since I am not seeing anything that stands out or spectacular. I would like to see the Galaxy Nexus but is this phone really that good? Or should I wait for the next wave of new phones? Any thoughts?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am tempted by the GNex but definitely wouldn't pull the trigger without using it in a store first as I'm somewhat concerned about the larger form factor. If the GNex's screen does not tempt me away from the ThunderBolt, the Rezound and Razr certainly won't. I have 3 batteries for my TB and, although this is a bit of an aggravation, it works for me. I will wait for a larger screen in an optimal form factor.

Thanks, Robrecht

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has gotten better for me with GB. I have no complaints. I also don't mind charging it nightly. It is a minicomputer besides being a phone. I also have it set to CDMA. I think this phone is awesome

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Charging every night isn't bad, it's normal. And charging during the day seems the norm for the Thunderbolt. :p Have you thought about the extended battery?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
but am kinda annoyed that I still have to charge it daily

Do you mean in the middle of the day, or daily as in every night.

Mine easily goes a full day, unless I am using it as a GPS on my motorcycle, or watching a video.

No matter what you have, even if the battery lasts a couple of days, you should be placing it on charge overnight. That extends the battery life, and it means your phone is always ready.

Pretty much anything bleeding edge with a large screen is going to suck battery power. Get an extended battery, an external battery pack (my preference) or keep spare batteries and chargers handy. Or get a less loaded phone with a small screen.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the TB the first day. I lusted after it and religiously followed the false contractions until it was finally born.
My Advice: Wait until someone else tries the new phone before you jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.
P.S. = Battery tech just cant keep up the pace with the rest of technology so while annoying it shouldnt be a surprise.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have had my TB since earlier this year and am generally pretty happy with it. I typically have it set up using 3G to save battery and avoid intermittent signal issues but am kinda annoyed that I still have to charge it daily with minimal usage. One of my lines is currently eligible for upgrade and I have been looking at the RAZR and Rezound. However, after playing with the phones in the store, I don’t really feel these 2 phones are worth upgrading since I am not seeing anything that stands out or spectacular. I would like to see the Galaxy Nexus but is this phone really that good? Or should I wait for the next wave of new phones? Any thoughts?

To help better understand, define "charge daily" (how many hours do you actually get out of a full charge). Defining "minimal usage" a bit may help too. Honestly, when I'm rockin 4G I usually get 10-12 hours, which I'm fine with...and if I switch to 3G or better yet WIFI, my battery easy lasts all day long...and I use mine A LOT.

Here are some thoughts I have on the phones you mention, based on the problems you are concerned with:

RAZR: Looks great and has a larger battery than thunderbolt...but also that battery can't be swapped. With the TB, at least I can carry a spare with me if I'm gonna be out and about away from a power supply for a while.

REZOUND: Haven't had a chance to play around with one yet, but based on specs, I find it hard to believe it will be that much better than the TBolt in terms of batt life.

GALAXY NEXUS: This is gonna be Google's flagship phone. It will run vanilla ICS, which will be very attractive to some, especially developers. If you're not sure what that means, than this phone isn't really marketed towards you. It will probably have a larger price tag as well. Who knows what kind of battery life it will have???

PS...If you like the iPhone, then by all means, go ahead with that, but you're not gonna get many people here to back up that decision! (and most people I know with new iPhones 4S's aren't exactly thrilled with their battery life either)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not a Motorola fan. Period. I love HTC but am not impressed with the Rezound. Sorry. I just think with all the TB has to offer am staying put! I recently upgraded and even if I could make a switch I wouldn't consider it. I use the voice and data. My photos are awesome. I love this phone. Kickstand. Sound. All the skins I can use. Geez. This phone rocks for this old woman. Lol

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670