Bionic fair replacement for bad T-Bolt?

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any success trading in a T-Bolt (after 5 certified-like-new replacements) for a Bionic? Verizon has offered me a Charge or a Revolution, but that simply isn't acceptable to me. In any other industry, it seems that the loyal (7+ years) customer would be offered a product that is one step up. Instead, Verizon is offering a lateral move at best. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow and hope to convince them that a Bionic is a fair move. Any ideas?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the charge is better than the bionic. I am not a Motorola fan tho

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

knights665

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Had the charge and moved to the thunderbolt Its slow and touchwiz on that thing sucks no deal...bionic is deff fair

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know 3 people who have the bionic. They hate it. So has to be personal preference

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried out a bionic in store, didn't really like it compared to my tb. I wonder if they would let you get a rznd, that's essentially a tb2.

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I know from personal experience that they push the lateral move first and foremost if that is an option. This happened to me when I had a Samsung flip(the one that flip both ways) and all that I was able to get was one of the LG evV's at that time and I fell out of favor with LG and that's why I had the Samsung.

The only time I've seen actual upgrades is when they do not have the original phone in stock. ex of that was incredibles -> incredible 2 for a short period of time or when I had an LG vx8000(got in may of 05) to a LG vx8100(which came out that summer and I got in september)

Good luck with trying to move to Bionic. (this is not sarcasm)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You are lucky to be offered a device other than the TB And they are given the choice on what they can offer. I was in your situation with BB. I had more BOLDS than you can imagine and when Retention gave me a choice, it was the original Incredible or Fascinate........and I chose the Incredible. The choices they gave you are decent. You won't get the newest. And with the issues that have haunted the Bionic, I can't see you being happy with it either. The Charge would be better than the Bionic, hands down.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any success trading in a T-Bolt (after 5 certified-like-new replacements) for a Bionic? Verizon has offered me a Charge or a Revolution, but that simply isn't acceptable to me. In any other industry, it seems that the loyal (7+ years) customer would be offered a product that is one step up. Instead, Verizon is offering a lateral move at best. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow and hope to convince them that a Bionic is a fair move. Any ideas?

I'd prefer the Charge or Razr to Bionic.

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The Charge and Revolution are well known POS. I'd argue with Verizon that since the thunderbolt has 768k RAM you can't possibly think that the 512k of the Revolution or Charge are adequate. I'd argue that the cheapest phone that meets the same specs (RAM, 4G, etc) is indeed the Bionic with 1G RAM. It seems like a fair replacement to me. Push for the RAZR though: mention all the problems you've read about with the Bionic (headphone whine, crap screen, etc)

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The Charge and Revolution are well known POS. I'd argue with Verizon that since the thunderbolt has 768k RAM you can't possibly think that the 512k of the Revolution or Charge are adequate. I'd argue that the cheapest phone that meets the same specs (RAM, 4G, etc) is indeed the Bionic with 1G RAM. It seems like a fair replacement to me. Push for the RAZR though: mention all the problems you've read about with the Bionic (headphone whine, crap screen, etc)

Thanks to all for your helpful responses, especially you, Wampa. I ended up just asking for another Thunderbolt and got a $60 credit on my bill.

jdrose

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
First...The charge sucks. This coming from a 3-charge guy as a replacement for my original TB. I begged for it. Nothing like sitting in a room full of phones on your account and everyone has a full signal except you and your charge. Very weak antenna in rural areas.

Second...When dealing with VZ about the 3rd bad charge I too was only offered the revolution, TB and Pantech something or other. Took the TB (back). No regrets. Gingerbread, battery fixes....two weeks in and I'm happy. I asked the Level 2 Tech supervisor about the Bionic....."Not authorized....dual processor". So charge should be last resort, and last thing I would expect is a Razr. They are bending over backwards to please 7+ year old customers, but cant keep sending you the newest product out the door.They are caught in the middle between you and the phone manufacturers. Getting the charge was a gift....I coerced the sales manager (local store) to do the switch the first time. I timed it with the first battery upgrade patch...phone kept shutting off. Turns out my gift was a huge painful lump of coal. Stick with the TB until your contract is up.

Lesson learned....Dont let Motorola, LG, HTC, or Samsung prove out their newest phones under your contract. Because you end up stuck. I hear the ipod 5 (4G) is coming out next summer. Just about the same time my TB contract is up. I hear Apple hasnt released it yet because they value the customer enough to work out as many bugs possible before letting us who are eager to have the next best thing....have it.

Android guy thinking bout apple

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried out a bionic in store, didn't really like it compared to my tb. I wonder if they would let you get a rznd, that's essentially a tb2.

This would be my idea also.

It IS essentially a tbolt 2, so there's no reason for them to give you the current version of the same phone you're having all kinds of issues with and have had continuous issues with.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This would be my idea also.

It IS essentially a tbolt 2, so there's no reason for them to give you the current version of the same phone you're having all kinds of issues with and have had continuous issues with.

It is updated, hopefully it has problems fixed.

I wonder if anyone has been successful in getting a dual core,either by paying a little more or having Verizon reset the upgrade?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci