Display sucking battery

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
When I check what is using battery it shows display

I have set at 15% brightness and turns off in 30 seconds
How do I determine what is causing display to register high usage.
Help Forum friend.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Normal.

If you've used a total of 1 percent of your battery (i.e. 99 percent left) and you used your display for half of that period, it would read at least 50 percent for the display. Theoretically, up to 100 percent if you didn't do anything else during that period.

-Frank

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Normal.

If you've used a total of 1 percent of your battery (i.e. 99 percent left) and you used your display for half of that period, it would read at least 50 percent for the display. Theoretically, up to 100 percent if you didn't do anything else during that period.

-Frank

I don't think that's correct

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It is a percentage of total usage. so if you were to do other stuff it would go down as a percentage. If you were on a long call with the screen off the the phone would be a higher percentage. You can't really look at that number in isolation. Right now my phone has been sitting idle for a long time on WiFi so WiFi is 28% and display is 26%. Had i been using my phone to play games, display would jump up. Had I been making calls phone would jump up, etc.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When you check your battery usage, a list of resources will be shown along with their battery usage.
All of the percentages equal 100% .
As one resource percentage goes up, the others will drop. The screen on my Thunderbolt, along with my Incredible, use up most of that 100%. When I had the Bionic, that percentage was far less. The screen the Bionic uses pulls very little from the battery. It's percentage was around 10%. Since it pulled very little battery, the other apps and resources would show a higher percentage. I was amazed at how little battey power the screen on the Bionic used, but the trade off was having to see pixels on the screen.
The battey percentage on the Thunderbolt will always be high, because the type of screen it uses is power hungry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Kerp in mind that you are seeing a measurement of time, not power.
It is showing how much processing time was used to render the graphics, etc.
The number will not change even with the display turned up or down.

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
worwig am I not getting it right when I say it represents the percentage being used by the display? Just asking if there is anything I can do to reduce that. Is there a setting I am missing
I do not have animations,15 % brightness and 30 sec intervals for screensaver
What are the thoughts of the forum?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
worwig am I not getting it right when I say it represents the percentage being used by the display? Just asking if there is anything I can do to reduce that. Is there a setting I am missing
I do not have animations,15 % brightness and 30 sec intervals for screensaver
What are the thoughts of the forum?

Remove widget's from your screens... that will reduce battery use... everytime you turn on your screen those widgets have to refresh which will use more battery power... otherwise it sounds like you are doing everything you can to minimize battery power on the display.