Anyway to remote wipe off all info...

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
in case the phone gets stolen. My son's iphone was just stolen, and he said he thought there was some way to wipe his data so that got me thinking, with all those names and addresses and numbers, although I have no bank data, etc, no sensitive data or cc data.

Any way to remotely get rid of this stuff if the phone gets stolen?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd also highly recommend putting a screen lock on the phone itself (under Menu, Settings, Security), whether a Pattern, PIN, or Password and set it to lock on your preference (ex. Immediately, 5 minutes, etc.). This will protect the entire phone from unauthorized use either after the time of inactivity you specifiy or even when it first boots up.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got seekdroid when it was free on Amazon. It claims it can wipe phone, sdcard, SMS, etc. And it can track where the phone is. I've never had to use it, so I can't confirm if it works

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
in case the phone gets stolen. My son's iphone was just stolen, and he said he thought there was some way to wipe his data so that got me thinking, with all those names and addresses and numbers, although I have no bank data, etc, no sensitive data or cc data.

Any way to remotely get rid of this stuff if the phone gets stolen?

The first thing you are going to want to do is call Verizon and have them put a WARNING flag on it and have them shut it down. Make sure you tell them it might only be LOST, if you tell them it is stolen and then you find it or it is returned to you...it doesn't matter, you can't use that phone again. This happened to my son's old EnV. It was stolen and someone actually turned it in 2 weeks later to a Verizon store. Someone tried to use it because there was a phone number on there someone tried to dial. I called it and it sounded like some pot-smoking burnout, when he realized he couldn't use the phone, he turned it in. But, since I had reported it stolen, my son couldn't use the phone (which he liked). The SDCard was gone also, but there was nothing on there anyways.

I am not a huge fan of the CLOUD, but, if you need access to sensitive information and don't want to keep it on your phone....use DROPBOX....that way, if the phone is stolen/lost, you can always delete the file from your PC and it won't show up on your PC.

You get 2GB of free data and I use it mainly for photos....frees up the SDcard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad