Who is upgrading to the Nexus?

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I am anxiously awaiting for Verizon to release the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I cannot wait for it to be released. My Thunderbolt has been giving me many problems over the last few months and recently the screen cracked so it's about time for me to get a new phone, lol. The Nexus just seems like a great over all phone, plus its pure Google so all the updates will be received right away instead of how they are with the Tbolt and us barely getting the gingerbread update. Who else will be moving to the Nexus from the Thunderbolt and what is your reasoning for getting it.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted one when I first heard about it because I wanted a vanilla android phone and the almost zero shutter lag camera. Now, I don't really care. My Thunderbolt has always worked for me. I didn't get it until 6-12-11 and the MR2 update was rolling out. I rooted it that night and updated. I didn't go through any of the reboot issues and waiting for gingerbread wasn't anything big because I was already switching between stock and custom roms.

I think I may wait and see what kind of phones release next year. If we would have got the Galaxy S 2 then I would've tried to get one of those. Here's to hoping for a Galaxy S 3 or possible Thunderbolt 2 (with a kick stand).

KenDroid

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was going to, but now that I'm rooted and running BAMF Soab with a nice Kernel I don't really see a reason to. I installed a couple of AOSP ROMs and I realized I have Sense!(I know, bad joke-ha)

Anywho...granted I would like to have one "just because" so I may still get one. I'm eligible for an upgrade in mid Jan. But I'm also loving the way my phone works right now! I love the kickstand which none of these other phones want to incorporate, my battery life is good enough for ME, and plain and simple I just love my BOLT!

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait for the Gnex. I tried the Rezound but not enough of an upgrade to stick with for two years.

I just got my second replacement for my TB. 1st was real POS. No idea how that made it out of the warehouse. This one is working great and with the addition of a Rezound battery I can leave on 4G and make it through most of the work day now.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone runs great, it's rooted running Forever 1.10 adding the Rezound battery has just insured that my next phone will be a quad-core one. I can't see a need to change until then.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with my BOLT! Since Rooted and BAMF 1.10 I love it. Stock battery and with normal use with at least 5 hours of streaming iHeart Radio over wifi I am getting 12-14 hours. 3G only where I live and work.

Big John, How long is the Rezound battery lasting for you with the Bamf Forever 1.10?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My Thunderbolt is working fine.
I will NOT get a Samsung for a long long time. I had a lot of problems with a Samsung Fascinate. Talking to a co-worker just last night and all he could do was complain about the issues with his ATT Samsung.
I'll save my money for more of a leap in features/performance in about a year. If my Thunderbolt were to die today, I would likely look for another to replace it. Maybe a Rezound if I had to.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My 1 year runs out around March. I'll see what's out then and if there is something great I'll be on it. Not because I don't love my Bolt though. I can't see getting the Nexus after all that time, I'll just wait for the next great thing and hold onto my Bolt until it comes.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Definitely upgrading.

First the likely chance we wont be getting an official ics update really makes me angry with HTC. The phone is not even a year old. Yes, I'm sure developers will get a version out there but I'm still not happy with their decision to make the phone obsolete. Plus there are many more people unrooted who won't get the update at all.

The battery is still bad and I refuse to buy an extended battery. HTC should have done it right from the beginning and put in a decent battery.

The screen is mediocre and I can barely see it in daylight due to the awesome LCD screen. Super AMOLED will definitely be a welcomed upgrade.

The developer support the Thunderbolt is great but I think it will be even bettrer for the Nexus.

Finally I will love the Google experience and relationship. Not having to rely on Samsune or Verizon for updates will be awesome. Like I said above the fact that HTC has all hut abandoned the thunderbolt really kills me. Knowing that Google will support this phone tor the next two years gives me comfort.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs great, it's rooted running Forever 1.10 adding the Rezound battery has just insured that my next phone will be a quad-core one. I can't see a need to change until then.

I think the Zeta will be the one I am truly looking for. Gnex is just something to hold me over till then.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am satisfied with my Bolt now....which is strange....after about 6 months I am always wanting the "nexus" thing (lololol). The TBolt will be my first phone I actually keep for the 2 year contract. I can upgrade next year about this time and by then...hopefully Quads will be out, 64GB storage face recognition will be out and working!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about it. I have two upgrades available on my plan so it is tempting to pick up a Galaxy Nexus when it finally gets released. :D If I make the switch, I will keep my Tbolt as a backup phone.

Sent using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The screen is mediocre and I can barely see it in daylight due to the awesome LCD screen. Super AMOLED will definitely be a welcomed upgrade.

Just a note.
I use my Bolt as a GPS on my motorcycle handlebar all of the time. The screen brightness is fine. Sure I would like better, but it works.
I used the Fascinate (with AMOLED screen) for a while and the screen in sunlight was NOT bright enough. Plus powering the AMOLED screen in sunlight sucked the battery dead WAY too fast.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I might buy one. I love technology. My Thunderbolt is nothing short of amazing though. Develepor support is just incredible here. I want a Zeta too hehe. Maybe I can just switch them all out.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a note.
I use my Bolt as a GPS on my motorcycle handlebar all of the time. The screen brightness is fine. Sure I would like better, but it works.
I used the Fascinate (with AMOLED screen) for a while and the screen in sunlight was NOT bright enough. Plus powering the AMOLED screen in sunlight sucked the battery dead WAY too fast.
GPS screens on a motorcycle are always a prob. I use a TomTom on my MC (not the bike model) and that is always an issue.

-Frank :)
BryceUtahsmlr.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for the Gnex. I tried the Rezound but not enough of an upgrade to stick with for two years.

I just got my second replacement for my TB. 1st was real POS. No idea how that made it out of the warehouse. This one is working great and with the addition of a Rezound battery I can leave on 4G and make it through most of the work day now.

I was waiting for the gn as well, but I picked up the Rezound for $ 50 instead, the gn looks like a great phone, but at probably 6x as costly, it is hard for me to justify.