Finally! The phone it thought I was getting...

thunderstruck

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, hoping some smart cookie can port ICS to the TBolt. I tried Miui 2.0 the other night, and battery life is really good. I don't remember which kernel is uses, but in spite of being on LTE my battery didn't drain near as quick as it does stock or with BAMF 1.10.

brumbake

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
With the latest update and the Rezound battery, my Thunderbolt is finally the phone I thuoght I was getting!

It's stock and non-rooted (in a corporate enviornment) and it finally "just works".

I am using Go Launcher and Better Widgets to get it to look just the way I want.

With the Rezound battery, I can get through a typical day (for me) on a single charge without the added bulk of the extended battery. I can choose any case I want (or none), and it will fit in my pocket, so I can dump the belt holster.

I'm finally actually happy with this phone. I got it on release day, so this has been a long time comming.

The Razr and Rezound don't make me want to change and the Nexus might not either. I'd like ICS and a camera without the "shutter lag"; but at the moment, I think I can wait for quad-core...

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
I agree. It now is what we thought we were getting. I am satisfied finally. Let's hope our satisfaction remains for another 15 months - until Verizon permits us to get another device. When will the 2-year contracts go away, or better stated - "When will we force the companies to stop this horrible practice?"

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not knocking anyone's opinion, but what is so wrong with the phone to begin with ?
I have had the phone since 4 days after launch. Most problems with the phone are USER error, whether people like to admit it.
Do you want better batter life ? Then : get rid of the garbage that you have on the home screens, Stop killing apps that are sleeping in the background, lower your brightness levels to the minimum level acceptable, Stop checking facebook every five minutes.
Sense is awesome, if you run another launcher over it you will use more battery life. If you let the phone do its job and acclimate to your using style you should be fine.
I upgraded to a higher cap battery, and give it a quick charge at the desk on heavier days.
Again this is not a Flame post, my intentions were to note that its not all the phone and it could be the users.

anon(12815)

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is like night and day. Even though it is a little over 200mAh more in the rezound battery, it doesn't drain as fast as with the stock battery. When I am charged at 100% on my rooted phone, I can go almost two hours before it drops to 99%. On the stock battery, I couldn't even last more than 20 minutes from a full charge before the phone dropped to 99% and then it was a rapid decline.

VZW has the battery for $19.99 and it is well worth it. I can easily get through the day till I get home with this battery. And that is with the bad connections at work.

Where are you finding the battery for $19.99? I checked on VZW and its selling for $39.99. If I have to pay that price for better battery life, I will but I would like to save $$$ too.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Where are you finding the battery for $19.99? I checked on VZW and its selling for $39.99. If I have to pay that price for better battery life, I will but I would like to save $$$ too.

just bought one last night, make sure you aren't logged into your vzw account when you're trying to buy it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who don't mind the HTC Extended Battery it has been the phone I wanted from the first, since the first. :)

I bought the Rezound battery anyway and have it in now just testing. Couldn't resist. :)
I'll see how it holds up to a couple of hours of Mobile Hotspot (typical for me during my workday).

-Frank

Would VZW be justified to void your warranty for using an unauthorized battery in your tbolt? I could certainly see a better argument for it than simply changing the software on the device. I'm not flaming and I'm glad folks like the rezound battery... Just wondering.
Believe it or not I would use the extended battery even if the rezound battery had just as much capacity. I like the way it feels in my hand and have always used a holster.

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I purchased one a few days ago - can't wait to try the smaller size and see how it acts for me. I logged into Verizon, added the 39.99 battery to my cart and it adjusted the price automatically to 19.99.

dwittmier

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store yesterday and asked for one. Told the guy that the forums are saying it is selling for $20. He was surprised and when he checked, sure enough, $20 (19.99 to be exact). He was also interested to know that it works in the TB.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Would VZW be justified to void your warranty for using an unauthorized battery in your tbolt? I could certainly see a better argument for it than simply changing the software on the device. I'm not flaming and I'm glad folks like the rezound battery... Just wondering.
Believe it or not I would use the extended battery even if the rezound battery had just as much capacity. I like the way it feels in my hand and have always used a holster.

If that's the case, you would void your warranty by using any non-OEM battery (personally I'd stick to ONLY OEM batteries, but that's a different point). I don't believe the Rezound battery would be considered unauthorized. To make it so just sounds way too restrictive and impractical (USE THIS BATTERY OR ELSE!). It pretty much has the same specs (ex. voltage, size) as the standard Thunderbolt battery, but has more capacity. Nothing more, nothing less. Should have no bearing on warranty status. Now, if you go willy nilly putting any kind of battery of any voltage into your phone, then yes, that could be a warranty issue. Otherwise, I think we're splitting hairs over using this Rezound battery in the Thunderbolt. It's really NOT an issue. :)

To the OP's topic, I've always felt the Thunderbolt has been the phone I expected it to be from the very start. It has just been refined and improved with the software updates (ex. the last Gingerbread update) and using the Rezound battery. As to the Rezound battery, I really like it because I've always preferred less bulk. The extended battery is ok, but to me it really does make the phone look less sleek and attractive and adds too much weight to be easily or comfortably held in my holster on my belt loop. Since the Rezound 1620mAh battery is working so well for me (get 35+ hours on a single charge), I won't be using the extended battery much anymore.

gibraltar

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
For ME:
Standard battery = 6 hours +/-
Extended battery = 18 hours +
Rezound battery = 14 hours +/-

I've tried a lot of "battery saving" techniques. Most don't work for me.
I'm not willing to give up push email. I can't be bothered with task killers. I have turned down the screen brightness and turned off hepatic feedback.

I would love to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the auto screen brightness setting. As I understand it, several custom ROMs have adjusted this. That's one reason that a custom ROM might still be in my future.

If the phone is stable enough that I don't need support from our IT department, then CM9, or some other ICS ROM might help me extend my time with the Thunderbolt, once they're available and stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2