About To Order HTC Thunderbolt By Tomorrow...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You will love the Thunderbolt it is an awesome device. Go with what you want......it is your choice on the phone you will use. I prefer it....all the bugs are basically done with. I am Very impressed with it and having sold wireless for over 3 years.......I stay in the loop of it all because I am techy. I don't like the new devices coming out. Until they are out for awhile, like anything........all phones have issues no matter what people say. I have no issues except for a ringtone issue but that's minor. It works and thats what I care about. No lag. Beats is not important to me. I like being able to use what I want on my TB Kickstand is great too. You won't regret getting a Thunderbolt

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Your probably getting a good price with the 2 year contract. Thunderbolt is the best phone out there for the money, if you get a good one.
Things to look for recently is:
Proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen off when put to your face
Reboot or turn off for no reason
Data connection issues, more to do with 3g/4g network in the area

What is better about the Rezound:
Screen a tiny bit better unless you use a magnifying glass
Sound is louder ... Beats only works with stock music player!
Large Video plays better

Thunderbolt is built better Period!
FM Radio
Use of 1800mah generic batteries without extended case
Runs smooth & reliable

I have 70+ apps on my Bolt & it runs great without any issues. I run stock unrooted with Go Launcher EX & Puddle Live Wallpaper. I'm am maybe a below average user & the battery lasts 2 days & sometimes 3 days.

Like someone said earlier, you may want to buy used, but be careful.

I will be trying out the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out, but now it's rumored to go for $299 on a 2 year contract .... I'll have to think about that one. I don't like the fact of just 32gb & no slot. Also it's looking like they pulled the FM radio on that one too :( It's something I won't be jumping on. The Razr would be better if it had a replaceable battery!

The Bolt is a good perfromer!

Cheers & Good Luck :)

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
All right. To answer above posters' questions:

1) Yes, I will be signing a two-years agreement. Now, how does that affects me the most? I am curious about that.

2) Uh... If YOU WERE ME... which phone would you choose beside Thunderbolt...?

3) BE HONEST WITH ME, PLEASE? (O:)) How do you LIKE THUNDERBOLT? Really?

4) How is 4G? Is it the most reliable feature in Thunderbolt?

2. i would have a look at the Bionic & Razr. Galaxy S II as well.

3. i LOVE my TB. very glad that i waited 6+ months off contract to get it (April 2011)

4. 4G kicks @$$. to me, its about as fast as my Road Runner connection at home. my brother just switched from AT&T iPhone to a Verizon iPhone 4S and is blown away at how fast & reliable Verizon's 3G is compared to AT&T's network in our area

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Your going to of course get the obligatory comments of "get a G Nexus" or "get a Rezound"....... I also got the Tbolt for free just about 2 weeks ago. If not having the latest and greatest doesnt bother you, and you cant afford to spend 200+ for a phone w/contract (like me), then i'm sure you'll be happy with it. Of course i'd like to have a dual core phone, have ICS almost right away, and a little better screen res. I played with both at BestBuy and honestly since they're both on GB, i didnt notice that much of a difference. But, like i said above, FREE was a big deal to me, and 4G LTE simply kicks @ss on here. Which wouldn't theoretically be any faster on the Rezound anyways. Will i feel the same way in two years when theres quad core or better phones out...... mabey, mabey not, but for now saving a few hundred dollars made all the difference to me...... Good luck!

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I too got my Tbolt{s) during the black friday weekend sale at Best Buy, and this thing kicks major butt!!! I am on a very strict budget, and I got the same type of "wait for the nexus, buy the bionic" comments. of course if I could afford it, I would have bought a newer phone. my budget from the beginning was 200 per phone back in september. Once I saw that Best buy had them for $99.99 in early November, I finalized my decision. the fact that they went "free" exactly on my upgrade date was just a bonus. I upgraded from an Eris, and I must say, I think the next two years I will be fine with the Tbolt. my battery life is negotiable, I'm averaging 13-15 hours on 4G with Juice Defender and the most common tweaks (display, syncing off, etc). I actually surf the internet sometimes just to show off how fast it is!! Netflix and NFL Mobile are absolutely awesome on this phone, looks almost like HDTV....Personally, I love my "purchases", and I'm not the least bit jealous of the "New" phones out there. when it's time again, I will upgrade. I its a really, really good investment, especially for around $99.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781