Left the Thunderbolt for the Galaxy Nexas!

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Well guys it was a fun run but I finally left my Thunderbolt for the Pure Google Experience. Now before you guys think I'm gonna bash the Thunderbolt and say how great the Galaxy Nexus it is actually not all that much of an improvement as I thought it was going to be.

First of GN feels plasticy and cheap in the hands unlike the Thunderbolt that had a more sturdy feel to it. The thunderbolt also had a more colorful screen to me. And as for ICS. I will say it is a great OS and google greatly improved android but I am realizing today that its just adding functionality to stock that the latest Sense (3.0 & 3.5) already has. The GN is thinner though, takes better pics and is way smoother and faster than the Thunderbolt. ICS may be the smoothest version of Android yet. Anyway my point is if you're looking to upgrade just don't expect anything super mind blowing. My Thunderbolt was rooted by the way so that may be affecting my judgment.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got her Nexus, and I have a very similar first impression as the OP. I like the feel of the Bolt better but that might be because I'm used to it. The screen is sharper on the Nexus, but I also think the colors are more vivid on the Bolt. The Nexus is definitely faster and ICS is pretty cool, but to be honest, I thought I'd have more phone envy than I do.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there's no reason to change. I have a Thunderbolt and 5 ROMs loaded on it. Just a reboot loads a different ROM. I have sense 3, 3.5, AOSP and you have.....oh yeah stock. LOL. But seriously good luck with yer new phone.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I was toying with the idea of switchnig to GNex after weighing in early feedbacks and now that I have all these mixed reviews, I am going to stay with my Bolt. The only reason for me wanting to make the switch was ICS .... but I will wait for an ICS ROM to be released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12