VZ backup assistant

micwag2

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
How do I disable that annoying app? I made the mistake of opening it and now it does backups that duplicate some of my contacts 3-4 times.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You can try clearing data from the app, but the last I remember, I think the only true way to kill it is to do a Factory data reset and then don't open Backup Assistant when setting the phone up again. There were some past threads on this you may want to try searching for.

Edit: found this in another thread (per Wildman):

Disable BA by going to Settings / Applications . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Found some more (via Cyber Warrior):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...what-good-backup-assistant-2.html#post1133854

1) Be sure to have all your contacts backed up to your Gmail account. Check online before proceeding to step 2.

2) Log into your My Verizon account. Go to the contacts tab, sort by list view and select all contacts. Delete the entire list. There's a deleted contacts tab as well. Select that and delete anything that's in there.

3) Go into your Thunderbolt settings tab, select applications, manage applications. Do not sort or filter, allow list to populate. Select Sync Service, (icon resembles backup assistant icon) select clear data.

4) Also in manage applications scroll down to backup assistant, select clear data.

5) To verify backup assistant is now disabled, select settings, accounts and sync, then under manage accounts, select backup assistant. You should be looking at a license agreement screen.

No more backup assistant, no factory reset.