Strange Very Issue-Please Help

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is really strange and could really use some help. I've had two standard text conversations with a friend of mine and each time in the middle of the conversation, my phone has texted him either of google maps link or the location of where I am.
Has anybody ever heard of this? Does anybody have a clue what's going on? Can anybody help?
I have downloaded some apps recently, but nothing that would be considered questionable.
Thanks for your help.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do you use a text message (SMS) app, or do you use the standard builtin messaging app?

I'm guessing you're using some function to send location via SMS, but I'm not sure?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the standard messaging service that came with the bolt

Then I'm stumped...

It sounds like it could actually be a nice feature, assuming you could use it when you want to! How many times I'm been trying to meet up with friends and such -- would actually be cool to just text them a map of my location.

Maybe this is a feature available and I'm just not aware of it???

I agree though not something you'd want to just spontaneously happening on a random basis.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the standard messaging service that came with the bolt

This is merely a thought....no proof of it.

Since google MAPS and the standard Messaging program are both Google, maybe there is something linked to each other.

In Google Maps you can click on your location (blue circle) and then click on the blue arrow and then send to others. Maybe it is linking that without you knowing.

Try using GoSMS (the one I use) or Handcent (which I have installed but don't use anymore).