Tbolt owners: do you have "phone envy"?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Charge is a nice phone, but honestly nowhere near the level of my Tbolt.

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

It had two advantages to me. First and foremost its battery was by far longer lasting. Second thing was it maintained a 4G LTE signal better for me too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It had two advantages to me. First and foremost its battery was by far longer lasting. Second thing was it maintained a 4G LTE signal better for me too.

To each their own. I don't wanna argue about which phone is better, because my opinion is, well, just an opinion. :D

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wife got a Galaxy Nexus yesterday and it will be returned today. Not picking up 4g signal, browser is useless, and the speaker is way too quiet. Just made me love my Thunderbolt even more. Thinking that is what we will exchange it for!

The gn has a known signal problem, not sure if it has been fixed yet, but i suspect a fix wil come soon. If you like the Thunderbolt, the Rezound is an improvement in just about every category including signal. Not saying the Thunderbolt's signal is bad, just that , imo, the Rezound's is better. of course, the tb is $100 online at vzw, and rez is $200.

I hated the Thunderbolt. Crappy battery life, signal that went in and out almost constantly. I used the phone until the Charge came out and never looked back.

IMO, i think that the crappy signal is part of your battery life woes, it really drains batteries when it is trying to find a signal or stuck. Glad you like the charge, honestly, imo, data signal is very high on my list, if the Charge gives you good signal where you are at, then it is a good fit for you.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to how signal can affect battery life. Once LTE went live back in October, my battery life actually increased as the signal is a lot stronger now and the phone rarely loses it even as I travel around the area. It was especially noticeable at work (in a large multi-story building) where prior to LTE, the phone would struggle to hold a connection often dropping down to 1x. Needless to say that caused increased battery drain. I've also noticed that Gingerbread also contributed to better battery life, especially when the phone is idle. Case in point, this past weekend I got almost 45 hours on the stock 1400mAh battery, granted with minimal use. But that's the best I've ever gotten with the stock battery. Between this kind of battery life with the stock and Rezound 1620mAh batteries, I rarely use the extended battery anymore!

As time passes, the more the Thunderbolt operates and feels like a mature stable device and the more I appreciate it! Even more so when reading the other phone forums and seeing the various problems these newer devices are having. So, NO! Still no envy what-so-ever. :)

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
after moving up to the Tbolt from the Eris, how could I not like my choice?how could I be Jealous? everyday brings me more and more confirmation that I have nothing to be jealous of. I saved a bucket of money, and have a kick butt phone to boot. the kinks are slowly being worked out (I've had none) for most people, while I know 7 people who have either the Bionic, Razr, or Nexus, and their all having some kind of weird "new phone" issues that they need to get tech support for. I got my phones on November 26th, and I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever (as I watch Spatacus-blood and sand on my Tbolt).....;) the next 18 months will go by smoothly for me....UNLIMITED DATA BABY.....!!!

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Came to T-Bolt from OG Droid, snagged it to score the unlimited 4G hotspot, couldn't care less about the specs. Eligible for upgrade, now, but not seeing any reason to make a move, even ICS isn't that compelling. The phone's been rock-solid since the Fall updates, the camera is excellent, and the extended battery sealed the deal... I don't mind lumpy.

Just biding time until Verizon inevitably kills legacy unlimited data, at which point I'll push the number to Google Voice and duct-tape a myfi to it... what's another lump on this phone?

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Tbolt is my first smartphone and I love it... researched this forum for 4 months before I bought it, and glad I got it over the iPhone. I keep up with the forum and never let it update to the one that had all the resetts. Once they got it fixed I updated, and shortly after rooted I have never had any issues other than Rom glitches from know unstable ones. After two weeks my mic went dead and they replaced it, still lovely phone, I am up for renewal as I got it on a one year contract, so I will be fine until the right 4-core comes out. And I will also have a hrd time with a phone if there is no kicksand now! useit all the time, great for surfing one handed and eating lunch etc!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What? Me envious? No way.

I've got everything all the other phones have to offer PLUS stability. I'm not missing anything to be envious about! :D

20120110163808.png

-Frank

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't (I think) but I keep finding myself checking out other peoples phones, especially if I see them watching streaming video, or if it's anywhere near the size of my phone. Maybe over time, I will be jealous, but I have nothing to be jealous of, other than owning a 10 month old smartphone that kicks major butt. it does EVERYTHING I need it to do and more. maybe the age factor is in the back of my mind, but I don't see the bionic, razr, nexus, etc as anything to be jealous of. I AM really glad I didn't go with the Samsung Charge or the Revolution. I saw and played with my friends Rezound, and I thought I still had my own phone in my hand. No perceptible difference in internet speeds, same size, about the same weight, etc.
so my question is this: WHY be jealous of the "new" phones when this one is a really, really good phone? list your reasons why the other phones are so much more heads and shoulders above the Tbolt..this should be interesting....

Well said.. My older brother got the nexus. I played with it for a bit & tbh my Tbolt is waaaay better.. I love this phone.. Maybe one day when a quad core phone with ICS comes out I willconsider a new phone.. Until then it's Tbolt all the way

GizmosAmerica

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep.. agreed... I love the TB.
I brought the larger battery and have a smaller backup battery ;@) can never be to sure.
Have the unlimited data plan, rooted open garden tethering.
Great Apps... just got the most recent stock rooted rom, some reboots but they seem to be fewer each time it reboots.
will keep my TB for a long time.

FYI, the Revolution root did not work for me, had to use old school.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys gonna be envied to (or better yet, gonna get) this one if it comes out to Verizon?

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Ha ha, the HTC Edge looks pretty good, looks like a beast of a phone, may be quad core? I like the small capacitive button area which is similar to the Thunderbolt. The back isn't bad looking either although it needs a kickstand! :p Overall, it looks like a sweet phone, but with no native kickstand or known overall specs, there's nothing to envy. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463