tb not rocognizing that it is connected to computer

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got the tb today. It will charge when connected but it dosent show any thing in the notication bar. i do have usb debugging checked. i am trying to flash cwm and root by revolutionary. this is my first htc, but i have had a rooted droid, fascinate, x2, and bionic.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Also remember if you have the latest 2.11.605.9 update it doesn't have a root process that works directly so if you have this update Revolutionary wont work for rooting YET...

On the device not reading on PC try rebooting like instructed and make sure to pull down status and select Storage optionn

Activate%20Storage.gif

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got the tb today. It will charge when connected but it dosent show any thing in the notication bar. i do have usb debugging checked. i am trying to flash cwm and root by revolutionary. this is my first htc, but i have had a rooted droid, fascinate, x2, and bionic.
make sure you pull down the drop down bar and click the usb setting. Change it to mount as drive then you should be golden pony boy.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
On windows seven, the phone has the issue. Follow this path Menu>Settings>Connect to PC> Default connection type>then choose Disk drive. Then plug your phone into the the PC, it will recognize the phone then.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you by chance install the HTC Verizon media manager on your computer when it popped up? If so delete it from your PC, and go to Menu>Settings>Manage Applications>All Tab> Verizon Media Manager then clear data and force close the app. Then reboot the phone.

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the trying another usb port.
I just got a new work laptop. On 1 of the 4 usb ports, the actual usb interface will not go in far enough for the phone to be recognized as a disk drive..... But it will charge.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk