Going on my 3rd replacement phone

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting my third replacement phone on Saturday. :'( On the first one no one could hear me, the one I got today would not connect to 4G and mostly stayed on 1X. I am just wondering if anyone had this may duds as replacements and finally got a working TB? The battery life is a challenge but I like the TB and work around the battery. I just want one that works. If there is an issue with this next one any suggestions about what I should do next? How many replacements will they give me before I am forced to pick another phone or do an early upgrade? I really don't have the money right now to upgrade and don't know of a phone VZW has that I am interested in. Advice is appreciated.

Marian

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since you've already arranged for another phone to be delivered in two days, just wait and see what happens. I would have been interested in the prior replacement's radio settings. On these Certified Like New replacements (CLNR) it would not be surprising to find some settings out of whack. But, no point messing with it now when the other phone is on the way. My hunch is that it'll be fine :)

-Frank

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe after three replacements, you have the option to request a different phone model, although Verizon can reserve what phones those may be. Otherwise, if you want, you can just keep on trying replacements until you get one that works. You won't be forced to pick another phone or upgrade. It's really up to you. As to the replacements, first thing I'd do after powering it on, is a master (factory) reset just to start from a known clean slate. To do so, go to Menu, Settings, SD & phone storage, Factory data reset. :)

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes we did do a factory reset on this second phone but not on the first. I think we did everything on this second phone but I will keep that in mind for the next phone if I run into trouble. Its good to know I won't be forced to upgrade or choose another phone and we will see how long I can be patient. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. Fingers are crossed.

Marian

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
People have mentioned that Verizon may let you switch to other similar phones like the charge or revolution.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently waiting for my second replacement this week. Supposed to be delivered yet today.
My original touch screen got intermittent, so they sent me a CLNR that had a flickering screen that looks like a 1990 interlaced 60hz monitor. Hard on the eyes. Maybe the second one will be better? I've been rooted for a few months, and going back to stock was harder than I thought it would be.

On a good note, Verizon device support has been very nice and we both spoke the same native tongue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar