I think anyone who bought a TBolt on March 17, 2011 is a genius!

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
would have to say the Thunderbolt was a decent phone but going from it to the razr there is no comparison. The razr is miles ahead of it dual core makes a lot of difference actually being able to make calls. Signal strength, screen switching between 3g and 4g is a lot faster. Not hating on on the Thunderbolt. but to say that no phones offer much of an improvement is crazy you either have not used a newer phone or in denial just my 2 cents

More like 500 feet ahead and motor blur says otherwise. I have 3 bipnca too and the are great but not THAT far ahead in hardware.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: I think anyone who bought a TBolt on March 17, 2011 is a geni

you can knock moto blur if you have not used it on a new moto phone its not as in the your face as sence is closer to stock android then sence is and does not use as much memory. And to me dual core has made a lot of difference with playing game I mean the Thunderbolt struggles with reckless getaway unless you overclock it. Everything on verizon is better right now bionac, razr, nexus, and rezound that's just the way technology is it gets better. To say it's not that far ahead I don't know would you buy a single core pc and try to compare it to a new pc I don't think anyone would Thunderbolt served its purpose it is a good phone but it's not the best phone on verizon

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I am glad I did not get the one year contract when I bought my Thunderbolt. If I did I might have wilted to my tech envy and gotten GN. Thank god I thought head like you well not exactly probably just luck. I was actually the next nexus was going to be a motorolla or sony which are two comes I appreciated but rather not have. I prefer HTC those imo I feels in the style depart of late they have become simple and plain.

P.S I bought my Thunderbolt on Wirefly so it was like $200 or less I missed on out when Amazon was selling it for $180 when they came out. Hoping nexus 4 has style,LTE, Beats Audio, and is made by HTC. Can we please get a phone that is black front to black and have white option front and back.

Anyone disappointed in Samsung and HTC just changing back cover on phones to different colors and not the whole phone?

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
you can knock moto blur if you have not used it on a new moto phone its not as in the your face as sence is closer to stock android then sence is and does not use as much memory. And to me dual core has made a lot of difference with playing game I mean the Thunderbolt struggles with reckless getaway unless you overclock it. Everything on verizon is better right now bionac, razr, nexus, and rezound that's just the way technology is it gets better. To say it's not that far ahead I don't know would you buy a single core pc and try to compare it to a new pc I don't think anyone would Thunderbolt served its purpose it is a good phone but it's not the best phone on verizon

Sense. HTC Sense.

Sent from my ICSTB

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Sense. HTC Sense.

Sent from my ICSTB

What is everyone deal with spelling sorry my phone/tablet auto corrects words and I don't read over my post 9 times to make sure all the words are correct lol. Is it that serious man? It's like most people on here just attack people and try to be assholes this is a place where we voice our opinion. It's not that serious if people don't use correct punctuation, or spell things right. its not a collage exam.

Last edited:

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Forget what I said. Called Verizon and was offered a way early upgrade AND $80 off for a Galaxy Nexus, so I jumped on it! haha. On top of this, extended battery was only $25 (50% off!) and it is barely any bigger than the regular battery :)

Last edited:

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
What is everyone deal with spelling sorry my phone/tablet auto corrects words and I don't read over my post 9 times to make sure all the words are correct lol. Is it that serious man? It's like most people on here just attack people and try to be assholes this is a place where we voice our opinion. It's not that serious if people don't use correct punctuation, or spell things right. its not a collage exam.

You make no sence. :) I don't even believe sence is a word.

Sent from my ICSTB

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

You got auto-spelled to sence? Might wanna trade that phone in...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I was even more proud of myself for getting a ONE year contract with the Thunderbolt on the first day it was available, and can upgrade after 1/17/12... that is this Tuesday... so now I just need to figure out if I want to wait for the Droid RAZR MAXX or buy a Galaxy Nexus.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I was even more proud of myself for getting a ONE year contract with the Thunderbolt on the first day it was available, and can upgrade after 1/17/12... that is this Tuesday... so now I just need to figure out if I want to wait for the Droid RAZR MAXX or buy a Galaxy Nexus.

One year contract = FTW. I can upgrade on 1/19/12 so I'm not too far behind from you. Hehe :D

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Well no denial here. I wont own a motorola anything. I love HTC. Love the Thunderbolt. I got mine August 30th. Best phone I have ever had. Always had the BB. Then the Incredible. And now the Thunderbolt.....wtg HTC.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I have a 1 year contract on my TB so my I'm due for an upgrade next week but don't know what to do. :confused:

Gonna miss my kickstand lol

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

I like my Thunderbolt just as much as the day I bought it. Wasn't able to get it when it first came out. When I was able to buy it there still wasn't much of anything that compared anyway. It's been a great phone doing everything I need it to. It has been the perfect phone for me.

I used it stock for several months, loved it then. I rooted it, still love it. Was going to put a custom rom on it but I thought i would try Spb 3d shell, which is pretty cool, but it could use a few improvements. After I get tired of the Spb shell then I will probably try a custom rom on it.

I have an upgrade coming in Feb. and one in March. Unless there is something really phenomenal (not sure if I spelled that right for you spelling nazis....Lol J/K) I wont be upgrading from my Tbolt.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I agree completely. Very happy with Tbolt. Nothing out right now catches my eye. My next phone with either be a quad-core android or a 4G iPhone.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my thunderbolt the day it came out and my only regret is spending the $70 to get a one year contract. There is also a razr and a galaxy nexus in my house, and the only thing I really want that the thunderbolt can't do is use Google Wallet. Switching to ADW Launcher gave me folders on my home screens, the other feature I found myself envious of. There is no lag on my phone at all. The battery life is the only complaint, and I've remedied that with 2 external battery chargers and 2 extra batteries, so my phone is never on the charger. Hands down, best phone purchase I've made thus far. I almost forgot....I can't imagine life without my kickstand.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk