Using phone as Wifi (with Airplane mode) and Amazing Battery!

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am using TBolt as wifi browser (with Airplane mode) only since I am oversees.

I can't believe how long the battery lasts!! 3 to 4 days easy with couple of hours of use per day. This is 4 - 5 times better when I am using it as phone + 3g/4g.

Either dialer or 4G must be causing short battery life...

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
How wonderful. If you don't use your phone as a phone, the battery life is actually good.:p

I was told 4g sucked the life out of a battery so I got an app to disable that. Within a week I had the extended battery since battery life was pathetic on 3g also. The extended battery works great if you don't mind the added bulk and lack of options on cases.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I use the app "tasker" to turn on the 4g only when I'm using an app that uses mobile data. It makes battery drain when in standby negligible. I would really recommend this to people annoyed with the 4g battery drain. The only downside is that the 4g takes about 3 seconds to turn on, so there's a slight lag when opening apps sometimes, but it's not a bad trade off, when I visit my parents for the weekend I don't even bring my charger anymore because it easily lasts 2-3 days.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
How wonderful. If you don't use your phone as a phone, the battery life is actually good.:p

I was told 4g sucked the life out of a battery so I got an app to disable that. Within a week I had the extended battery since battery life was pathetic on 3g also. The extended battery works great if you don't mind the added bulk and lack of options on cases.

LOL whodathunk? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781