Bolt users.. what phone are you getting next?

Which phone are you getting next?

• Total voters

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that the 10-month mark has arrived and many of us have our upgrades, let me ask: what phone are you planning to get next?

RAZR Maxx on Thursday? Nexus or an older phone? Wait for something else? Let's hear it.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait because I have no choice. Upgrade isn't available until 2-13-13. :(
If my upgrade was available now, I'd still wait because the Thunderbolt is still such a good device. :)

Reactions: Jude526

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't upgrade until December....so I know something great will be out by then....so I will wait......My tbolt is amazing right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jude526

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC Endeavor or Samsung Galaxy S III. Whichever comes out first or whichever has the best battery life and fastest processor. :D

Sent from Outer Space

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC Rezound. Got it two months ago for $50 on upgrade. Really wanted a phone with a HD display. The better radio on the Rezound was certainly a plus as well. I'm not interested in the Maxx since it has a qHD (quarter HD) screen and a non-removable battery. The Nexus seems to have a lot of signal issues. The Endeavour is a nice phone, but I don't need quad core. Still, if the Endeavour is available for a similar price as that which I got my Rezound, then I'd certainly consider it.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to wait anyway, my new device date is around March of 2013. The FM Radio and Kickstand are great features I like. However, if the Commando had been a 4G device, I'd probably have it. Still, I have been pleasantly surprised at my ability to avoid destroying my Bolt. The screen size on the Bolt is about right, so there's that. But a rugged 4G device will still get a good look from me.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an upgrade till Nov. this year so I got plenty of time to see what devices hit this summer. I would probably stick with HTC because I like Sense better than I do other manufacturer's overlay. If I had to choose now it would probably be rezound or GN.

From my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been sitting on an upgrade for months, but there just isn't anything out there that is the least bit interesting to me. Plan on sticking with the Thunderbolt for quite a while, probably until next year (2013).

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still loving my Thunderbolt and don't get a discount until November of this year so I'm in no hurry. I really don't see myself upgrading until 2013 at the earliest, especially if some sweet ICS ROMs show up.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been sitting on an upgrade for months, but there just isn't anything out there that is the least bit interesting to me. Plan on sticking with the Thunderbolt for quite a while, probably until next year (2013).

Same but Ill likely just wait till next Christmas. Ive pretty much always been rooted, Ive had very few problems with this phone. Sure the battery sucks but I work in an office and my phone sits on the charing pad all day.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade date isn't for a year yet.
Even if it were today, I would hold off. I'm still enjoying tweaking the Bolt and it performs well for me.
The only thing that slightly interests me today is the Razr Maxx with that huge battery capacity. Hopefully HTC will have some devices later in the year with that in mind.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as those who bought the Tbolt with a 2 year contract. We can't get a new phone until the end of 2012. I will probably go for the next Nexus phone which will probably be out at that time.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait until August/Septmeber...that is when the rumors of the NEW phones start coming out. The good thing with my plan is that I have my son on it and his phone is up for renewal about a week before mine...so, I might upgrade using his and then wait a month or so to see what else comes out.

My sister is also on my plan (her husbands company won't allow family on the plan), so I actually have 3 upgrades coming by the end of the year. So, I will have my choice....maybe I will do the 14 day return on all 3 to see which one I am going to like.

I am looking forward to having many choices of phones running ICS or maybe Jelly Bean.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Stuck till 2013. My wife is getting an iphone. Me, no way am I leaving Android. Just popped CM7 on my bolt. I can only imagine what will be out there then! CM10 on Androids next OS Jalapeno! Of course they may be into the K's so that would be ketchup?!:p

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck till Dec 2012 (dun dun dunnnnn!) but I do love the TBolt and am happy with it for now (although I was drooling over the Galaxy Nexus and tempted to buy it for full price before it came out).

I'm eager to see what comes out at MWC next month, when all the new hotnesses (yes that's pluralized) will be announced. There will always be newer and better (and some may say, sexier) devices around the corner and you just gotta get what suits you.

That said, if I had to upgrade now for some reason, it would probably be the Galaxy Nexus :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol