Is it me or Verizon?

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting anything better than 3g since 10pm last night. I'm in phoenix Arizona. I flashed ROMs last night, to thunderstick's latest. Did that have anything to do with it?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting anything better than 3g since 10pm last night. I'm in phoenix Arizona. I flashed ROMs last night, to thunderstick's latest. Did that have anything to do with it?

As of 8:36am Pacific Time, the San Jose / Silicon Valley area I am at 4G without issues. I am running i-Kream

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tried liquid smooth, bamf, cm 7 and upgraded radios on cm7. Still the same. Could a ROM flash cause this?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
3 g in Tempe and Scottsdale. I'm on Liquid 3.2 and mr3 radio.

I'm sure you've messed with the network settings and pulled the SIM?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

You have to install the latest Minimalistic Kernel MR4 from [Kernel] [Gb Sense] [2.3.6] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (5.2.0 & 6.1.0, 2/19/12) - RootzWiki because ThunderStick is built from the unofficial MR4 rom that wasn't made for Verizon's TB... Install the MR4 kernal and you should be good..

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I went back to cm7, do I need to go back to thunderstick and then flash this? What are exact steps on this?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I went back to cm7, do I need to go back to thunderstick and then flash this? What are exact steps on this?

Install the rom and then install the Kernel and this will resolve the 4G radio issue... You can try the stock MR4 radio also but the Lean one I posted gets better battery life and supports overclocking... I prefer the performance from the lean one but its your choice..

Oh I forget to point out the reason you should use the Lean kernel because I think the stock one also had the 4G issue because it wasn't from a Verizon rom..

Last edited:

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Once I do that, if I decide to go back to cm7, will I have the same problem, or is this a full fix? I had cm7 beforecthe upgrade and had full 4g. What got changed that it messed with my phone?

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Jackmei - I used thinderstick's 2/26 release, decided I didn't like it and went back to cm7. Couldn't get 4gback after that. I haven't done anything with the fix suggested yet.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Jackmei - I have the radio fixes on cm7, its not helping. I'm going to try the other suggested fix this afternoon.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I went back to thunderstixk and ran the update. It didn't work. Any other ideas?

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Found the fix. Networks needed to be changed to cdma + lte auto. 4g is back!!!

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is the default, but it never got changed before. I've honestly never had the problem before. I've tried BAMF, Gingeritis, MIUI, Thunderstick, Thundershed, Liquid smooth, CM7 and a few others and never had to manually change that setting before. I was just hunting around my network settings and noticed that it had been changed in Thunderstick from CDMA + LTE Auto to CDMA + EvDo. I changed it back to CDMA + LTE and got it working.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I'm glad I learned about this today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers