Verizon won't honor my one year contract

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess *we*, the customers, have to somehow record these conversations by ourselves for "quality purposes." :confused:

VZW never denied one word of the conversation. It was all recorded. Their excuse was "She was mistaken" and the "Contract rules". Of course I never saw nor signed any contractual agreement for a "gift".

I'm not even mad the gift expired. I'm mad that I was explicitly told it hadn't, had it recorded, made decisions based on that assurance, then was told basically tough darts.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad that the 250 text message plan got the axe. I wonder when Verizon did that one. It was offered to me last April.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad that the 250 text message plan got the axe. I wonder when Verizon did that one. It was offered to me last April.
I didn't know they had. But, I guess maybe so. I still have it and plan on keeping it. Last time I renewed my conctract with it was March 17, 2011. :)

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I still have mine too because it is grandfathered. I tried to get it for my wife because we have a family plan but no dice. The attitude seems to be "we don't know how to enter it in the system so you can't do it. The bill charged you for the texts so your gift must have expired" in other words we wont take.one step on your behalf if it involves the slightest effort.
I acknowlege that it is their right to raise prices etc but when they tell me that my wife has 100's of free texts left that are good forever then she texts freely based on that promise then we are left high and dry it is bogus. They refunded the first month's bill but she already had 59 texts.in the second.month before we saw.the.bill so I.got stuck for 10 bucks. More importantly I know.I.cannot trust a.word.an agent says and I am doing business with a.company I despise.

Last edited:

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online the night it was available and got a one year. Right now on my account it shows me as that.

But seeing how there's not really anything I want to upgrade to I wish I got the 2 year...

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online the night it was available and got a one year. Right now on my account it shows me as that.

But seeing how there's not really anything I want to upgrade to I wish I got the 2 year...

Well if u only have one year. And it expires. U don't have to upgrade right now. As long as u keep paying your monthly payment. Then when u want to upgrade, u just call them up and ask to upgrade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I certainly understand your frustrations over your situation. But being rude to them isn't going to resolve the issue. I would had asked to speak to a manager when you thought you were getting the one year contract.
I would rethink about accepting their contract renewal offer. It is something you won't see again.
If you decide to leave Verizon, you won't get the service or the coverage you do have with Big Red. They are the best network and your problems will just get worse.
One year contracts were dropped in January not in June. People are human and make mistakes. It happens and they tried to make amends to you with their renewal offer to you. I would take it and be gracious about it.
Be polite. Be professional.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I certainly understand your frustrations over your situation. But being rude to them isn't going to resolve the issue. I would had asked to speak to a manager when you thought you were getting the one year contract.
I would rethink about accepting their contract renewal offer. It is something you won't see again.
If you decide to leave Verizon, you won't get the service or the coverage you do have with Big Red. They are the best network and your problems will just get worse.
One year contracts were dropped in January not in June. People are human and make mistakes. It happens and they tried to make amends to you with their renewal offer to you. I would take it and be gracious about it.
Be polite. Be professional.

Wrong, one year contracts were dropped in April 11. I know because I bought a Thunderbolt a few days before the cutoff. I know others here got the thunderbolt on on a one year contract as well, which would not be possible if it ended in January 11 since the thunderbolt came out in March 11.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/04/11/verizon.contracts.mashable/index.html

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same boat... Spent an extra $70 for the one year and there is no phone that merits a new 2 year contract to me...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech