Girlfriend has a problem with her thunderbolt making calls

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
When she makes a call it connects and everything is ok but when she talks, the person on the other end says that she sounds gargled and they can't really hear here. It doesn't matter where she makes a call, whether she has great signal or not so great.

This is also here 3 thunderbolt and I'm tired of having to get a replacement. Does anybody think i can get a different phone. Her 2yr is up in December. Any help will be appreciated.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Needs to be tested in person. Get her to make a call to you or someone else in the same location, but maybe in different rooms, then swap phones and see if you sound garbled to her. If so, either call Verizon on that phone, or go to a VZW corporate store and make the calls in person.

If her other two replacements were for the same issue, then MAYBE you'll get lucky with an offer for a different device, but I would not count on it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can call Verizon from a landline and ask to speak to technical support. This is why you will need to speak from a land line. They will trouble shoot the phone with you. Corporate stores can only offer you a replacement of the same device. It will take technical support via customer support to make the decision as to whether or not you get a different phone. They will give you choices to select from.......not what YOU ask them for.

Verizon wants their customer happy. But they will ask you a series of questions to make sure you have done all you can to get the problem resolved. Also being polite when talking them. I can't stress that enough. Yelling at people doesn't get anything resolved. I have sold wireless before and the people selling and in customer care didn't cause the problem with the device. Like any job......we are the employees.....just doing our jobs.........we aren't the cause of the problem!

I have had the phone on an upgrade since August and my calls have always been clear. Never an issue on talking. There have been other problems but they were resolved, particularly with the latest update.
The Thunderbolt is a solid device and am sorry you are having problems with it.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
When she makes a call it connects and everything is ok but when she talks, the person on the other end says that she sounds gargled and they can't really hear here. It doesn't matter where she makes a call, whether she has great signal or not so great.

This is also here 3 thunderbolt and I'm tired of having to get a replacement. Does anybody think i can get a different phone. Her 2yr is up in December. Any help will be appreciated.

Do people actually still talk on phones?..>I thought they where for only texting?....hmmmmmm

I am kidding. Do what Jude says....she is smart!.

Have you tried SKYPING with her to see if the sound and garbling is still preset. If It is, my guess the speaker and the microphone are hosed. If it sounds find, try relfashing her phone....if it is already.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
she has factory reset her phone. I will try and call verizon from my phone to see if I can get it fixed. She really likes her thunderbolt. Hopefully they can help.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
she has factory reset her phone. I will try and call verizon from my phone to see if I can get it fixed. She really likes her thunderbolt. Hopefully they can help.

its funny....a friend of mine is having the same problem...then it just went away. he did nothing. his bolt is stock. i have no clue what was going on but i couldnt understand a word he said.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah ill just try to make her wait. i have a htc rezound and she sounds fine to me. so hopefully it goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay