"Edit default message"?

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
In my Phone settings, there is a place to edit my default message that I would use to respond to a caller I have ignored. Problem is, there is never an option to actually send that message when I ignore a call. How does it work? It sounds so simple that I almost feel like an idiot just asking.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."

samanthanielquel

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The thing you have to do is go to the setting of the phone. There you will find the ignore call option. Here you have to select ignore with a message. Now type in your text you wish to send. Now your done.The next time you ignore the call the automatically the text chosen by you will be sent to the ignored person.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The thing you have to do is go to the setting of the phone. There you will find the ignore call option. Here you have to select ignore with a message. Now type in your text you wish to send. Now your done.The next time you ignore the call the automatically the text chosen by you will be sent to the ignored person.
Can you give me the steps to find the "ignore call" option? I can't find it via the menus.

-Frank

quarter2five

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I found this in the owners manual but have not tried it out yet

You can also do one of the following to reject an incoming call:
Press the POWER button twice.
To reject the call and send a text message, press MENU, and then
tap Send message.
Changing the text message to send out for rejected calls
On the Phone dialer screen, press MENU.
Tap Settings > Edit default message.
Enter the new message, and then tap OK.
Muting the ringing sound without rejecting the call
Do one of the following:
Press the VOLUME DOWN or VOLUME UP button.
Press the POWER button.
Place the phone face down on a leveled surface

Reactions: marcsledjeski

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
To reject the call and send a text message, press MENU, and then
tap Send message.
This is the only one that applies. Unfortunately, if you are on the lock screen when a call comes in, the menu button doesn't work.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My brother has an automatic text he sends if unable to take a call. He has the Droid X. Wish could do this on the TB. Would be nice. I love my phone..

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos